Saturday, July 29, 2017

Ohio's Long Good-Bye


We are still here.

Our house hasn't sold yet.  
We are in a more rural area and the market has been slow in our neck of the woods.  We've reduced twice, planted some trees and shrubs, and tried to do some different staging in the house.  Our realtor also updated our photos.  But, here we sit.  It will happen eventually, waiting isn't easy I have to admit.  

In the meantime, we are trying to live our lives the best we can (without dirtying the house too much).  Ha, ha.

Today we went to a "new to us" park; just north of Dayton.  We walked a couple of trails and toured the gardens.  


The "formal garden" was closed due to renovations, but it was pretty from a distance.


All the pretty summer flowers are in bloom.  Hydrangea's have such an old fashioned beauty and romance to them.  Don't you think?  This one might be a limelight; but I'm not 100% sure.


More informal and naturalized areas were on the prairie trail.  There were cone flowers and a variety of wildflowers.  I think the yellow flower below might be in the sunflower family; it was on a very tall stalk that was bent over with the weight of it's flowers.


A perpetual summer pest enjoying the golden beauty.  In my garden, I call them names; out in nature, they look different.  It's hard not to appreciate their iridescent shell and they do provide food for the birds.  (Can you find the Japanese Beetle?)


After a couple of tries, I was able to capture Mr. Butterfly.  His wings were blue on the other side.  He was quite handsome.


We walked over to a secluded spot with benches and I got a photo of hubby and dear son.  He's growing up fast.


I'll round out the photos with a picture of "Blackie" taken earlier this summer; before she got her summer hair cut.  "Bark-bark", she says "hi".


I hope, those of you still around, are enjoying a wonderful summer.  I know my blogging has been quite lackadaisical.  I have no excuses and lots of excuses.

😀😊😉

Toodles for now!

Heather

5 comments:

  1. hi heather...a house sell/move/new buy is very stressful...my family and i went through a number of residential moves...your now home is lovely, hopefully soon it will sell...your son is growing so tall and handsome...is he continuing with his musical studies?...he and his dad appear very close and happy...and a happy mom taking the photo...will keep good thoughts for a soon house sale and successful relocation...take care...sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad place to be stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is so hard to keep things all fresh and clean in a house you are trying to sell. I hope all goes well for you. Lovely summer photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice comments. I appreciate it. We are thankful for our home and glad hubby hasn't had to relocate without us yet. Sally, dear son does still take piano lessons. He is about finished with his Suzuki 3 book. He has a wonderful instructor here. Hopefully, we'll be able to find another good piano instructor once we relocate. Thanks again! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry its taking you so long to sell the house, but the pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.