Saturday, October 1, 2016

Saturday This and That


Saturdays are typically, get things done days at my house.  Grocery shopping in the morning and miscellaneous "honey-dos" for my hubby and I to tackle in the afternoons.  

I've started to get out some fall things.  
Along with getting out fall decor, comes dusting and I always want to move things around and get a different perspective or fresh look.


Today's "honey-do" was hanging some drapes in our bedroom.  We've had blinds up since we moved in, but we needed some color in there.  I'm happy to say we got that accomplished!

I started working on some winter hats for charity.  


My sister is part of an organization that ministers to a group of homeless women who get support from a local YWCA.  Her group puts together Christmas boxes for the women and this will be our contribution.  

We are using the Easy Peasy Women's Winter Hat pattern.  Which is, as the title indicates, very easy.  The designer also has a three tier flower pattern on her blog that we are using to add a little fun to the hats.  The links will take you to the two patterns.  

One down, lots more to go!  

I've got Rotisserie-Style Chicken in the crock pot and acorn squash steaming in the oven.  It sounded like a good way to kick-off October.

Happy Saturday!

Heather


9 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday And Happy Fall Heather.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat and the sweet embellishment on it, a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day and such a pretty hat. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for linking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat Heather the flower sets it off beautifully and for a great cause too. Thank you for linking to the stash party. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, Happy October. last time I came by to visit your blog, I got a no access message. I figured you had gone private or something. Anyways, here you are. I made some baby hats this summer for a preemies charity and adult hats for the homeless. I like trying out different patterns and definitely want them to be quick and easy. Will check out the link. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy: I took a little break and closed down my blog for a short time. Thank you for your comment. Your hats for charity sound nice. I like to try different patterns too, but since these will be gifted all at the same time, my sister and I decided to stay with one pattern. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  6. Hello, I love your cute pumpkin and the pillow with the Oriole. The hat is just adorable, I like the cute flower. What a great idea for contribution. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a perfect weekend Heather. Here's to more coming your way. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for sharing the chicken recipe, it looks yummy. Sounds like a nice Saturday and that you got a lot done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.