Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Take a Stroll with Me


Would you like to take a stroll with me through one of our neighborhood parks?  

This happy sun greeted us in the parking lot.  Dear son said, "Mommy, take a picture!"  
So I did.


Just us and the birds this morning (immature robin I believe).

We got there early to beat the heat and for the most part had the park to ourselves.

There were a few people on the pathway with their dogs, but otherwise it was quiet.  


Dear son had the playground all to himself and easily burned off the calories from his breakfast.


Northpark is a nice small park about 15 minutes from our house.  During the summer, they have concerts and plays at their amphitheater.  

Looks like they are getting ready to do Tom Sawyer.



There is a nice mix of mature trees...


and open space for sports.


After a good walk and play, we headed to the library to pick up some books and movies.

Now enjoying lunch in air conditioned comfort.

What are you doing this summer to beat the heat?

Make it a great day!

Heather


11 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed my walk with you, sweet friend :) Your morning was the perfect summer morning.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly took us on a very pretty stroll. I live by the sea, so a stroll along the beach dipping my toes in the water is always on the agenda when it is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like a lovely walk. I have missed. I siting with you. Are you doing much crochet? Thanks for stopping by my blog! I know I have been a naughty blogger!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, I haven't been crocheting like I used to. I seem to have startitis; I start something and then it gets set aside. Hopefully once the weather gets cooler, I'll pick up my hook and yarn again. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  4. What a great place to spend the morning before the heat sets in. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello heather...thank you and your son for sharing your walk with us...what a lovely park and those tress are gorgeous...a perfect way to begin your busy day...take care..sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful park! It feels great to get outside and walk! I went to our closest park yesterday to walk...it was nice! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, wonderful images from your park visit. I like the sidewalk chalk art. The juvie Robin is cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely nature stroll and great shots!

    Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for takikng us along with you to this lovely park. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful area, and you are such a great photographer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.