Sunday, July 24, 2016

Family Fun Day


This afternoon was Family Fun Day at a small privately owned amusement park.  The event was hosted by my husband's employer.  


We got there early to beat the crowds.

For $10 a person, you got to ride all the rides, indulge in all the free pop, cotton candy, ice cream and snow cones you could possibly eat, and enjoy a complimentary "picnic" meal of the traditional summer fixings.


The rides are old-time favorites with a couple of smaller wooden roller coasters.


The Scrambler "in action".

Putt-putt golf was also included in the nominal fee.


Dear son had a blast and we rode most of the rides over and over again.  

It was brutally hot out, but I found a cool spot under an old shade tree to wind down before we left.


A fun memory-making afternoon.

Happy Sunday,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. Sounds idyllic, lots of lovely memories to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun area to visit. Sounds like beautiful memories were made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great fun, my friend! How I loved visiting amusement parks when I was a teen. I have not been in years and now that my son is getting older I think it's time to take him {{smiles}}

    Have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.