Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Musing


We had quite a storm blow through this morning.  

The wind was howling and the whole house seemed to shake.  The rattling of the downspouts and windows woke me up.  The lights went out and I wondered if we should head down to the basement.  I finally fell back asleep until hubby got up for work.  I rested in bed listening to him getting ready for his day.  

The desire for coffee led me downstairs.

As I looked outside, the sky was still stormy, but the rain had stopped.  


In the far northwestern corner of the horizon, I could see a sliver of blue and white.  I sat down with my first cup of coffee and crocheted a couple of squares.  Then I got out my devotional and read about Hezekiah, Paul and the Lords great mercies.

O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him all ye people.  For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever.  Praise ye the Lord.
Psalm 117:1-2


In a way, I wish the skies would stay gray and we'd have a steady rainfall.  I have housework to do and I need to start thinking about getting organized for the school year.  

It's hard to believe summer is almost over.  It seems so cliche to say that time goes by quickly; but in truth, it does.  I like fall and getting back into the school routine; but, it's hard to let go of summer's freedom.

I'm off to make a list of things I want to accomplish today.  I'm more productive with a list.

May your day be richly blessed.

Heather

10 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely post. It is nice to have some rainstorms cool things off. I just love your cute dog looking out the window. It is scary how fast the summer has gone by. Happy Monday, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time goes by quickly indeed. I'm always a little sad to see the summer break come to an end but at the same time I'm also anticipating getting back into the normal routine that comes with the school year. Hope you get lots done today.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Monday morning, my friend. I, too,woke up to rain :) It is still cloudy out and nice and cool. The air smells so fresh and everything looks so green...

    The summer has flown by, hasn't it! It seems like it should only be June, but alas it is already August! Have a beautiful week, Heather. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squares are beautifully done...and I especially like that pansy that I spot to the right. :-) I can't believe how much your puppy has grown. He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the storm wasn't too bad. A lovely way to wake up, basking in God's mercy and love :-) Yes, summer did pass by in a blink, didn't it? It always does. I hope you had a productive day, Heather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't started looking at school schedule yet. Being Paulie's last year, neither of us feel like starting anytime soon. :) I like the lazy days of summer and don't want them to end either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a rainy/cloudy day sometimes too. Especially if I have projects indoors to keep me busy. Your dog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time is certainly flying by right now. A list always works for me, I am more productive with a list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cute picture of Blackie looking out the window. Don't you just love an all-day rain sometimes? Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad the storm wasn't too bad Heather but I have to admit I love rainy days but perhaps not as constantly as we are getting them here. Yes time does fly far too quickly. I have to have a list too there's something so satisfying about crossing those things off that you have done. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.