Friday, July 24, 2015

Babette


Today I had a burst of crochet energy and started a new project.

The Babette Blanket.  
It's an "oldie" from Interweave Crochet published in 2006.  There are a lot of cool color combinations to look through on Ravelry if you need a dose of inspiration.


The pattern is available to download HERE.  The squares themselves are basic grannies, but the pattern lays out the color combination for each square in a very organized and precise manner.  Not to mention how to lay out all the different size squares once you have them complete.

The pattern was inspired by the work of Kaffe Fassett.  I wasn't familiar with the person, so Googled him and found some really gorgeous works of art.  As I was looking through his work, I found a fabric line in his name.  I thought the colors in this were really cool and fun.

Florence Rose Fabrics
Kaffe Fassett - Paperweight - Algae
I didn't have all these colors, so am just using what I have on hand.

Not sure how it will turn out in the end, but it will be fun to watch it "morph".

Have a great weekend!

Heather


14 comments:

  1. That looks like a really fun project, Heather. I love colorful piece work. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it will be fabulous too! Hope you are well!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some wonderful coloured yarn, so looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful pattern indeed. Back in 2008 when I started crocheting after some years inactive I wanted to make it too and I bought the pattern. Before I could save it and print it my computer broke and by the time I got it back the purchase had expired. I was so mad that I never looked at it again! lol
    Looking forward to see yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alhana, you could contact Interweave's customer support and ask them to replace the pattern. It's been a while, but it would be worth a shot. I bet they'd rather have a happy customer, than worry about $6.00. Best wishes and thank you for stopping by. Heather

      Delete
  5. I know it will be a beautiful blanket Heather - all of your crochet work is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be lovely. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best things I like about the project you are starting is that you can have many happy successes along the way as you complete each square :) My first attempt at a granny type blanket a few years ago ended up as a wonky little doll blanket. [ I tried making mitered squares, but did not get the count right. ] I want to make a Granny Square without many holes and have yet to commit to a pattern. I bought a copy of Kaffe's book, "Dreaming in Color" to try to learn more about how/why he combines colors and shapes so amazingly. While it is a skill, I think it is also a gift that I do not naturally have, but appreciate in others. :) Hoping you enjoy your new project, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project Heather. Have you googled any of his needlework? He is amazing.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't familiar with his work at all. Looks like he is an amazing artist. H.

      Delete
  9. Hello. It's always a joy to start a new project. This looks so pretty with the colors you are using. Thank you too for the pattern link. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to look fabulous! And anything inspired by Kaffe Fassett is just wonderful. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kar! I hope you are doing well. I need to pop over to your blog and see what you are working on. Have a great day, Heather

      Delete
  11. It looks like a fun project. I got a different brand of cotton yarn, and it is so soft I think I'm going to make some fingerless gloves again with this soft stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.