Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Crochet on the Back Burner


This is my poor crochet project feeling a bit sad and neglected.

I haven't made much progress on it since I last posted an update HERE.

The garden and getting my flowers planted have taken up a lot of my free time.  Hopefully, once everything is planted, I'll have more time for my craft.  

We are at the end of the school year, so leisure time isn't too far away!

I did get a new book for my birthday that I've been enjoying each morning.  


It takes you through the bible in a year.  Each day it has readings from the old testament and the new testament.  I've done one of these before, but it wasn't set up quite the same.  This one offers a small devotional written for women that is in with the daily text.

And, as I read each morning, I have my chair pointed toward my freshly planted flowers.  A blessing from my hubby.


I hope you are having a happy hump day!

Heather

Linking up with Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.

10 comments:

  1. Your crochet may be neglected but it looks real pretty! Speaking of pretty, what a wonderful view to look at while you read your Devotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Donna a wonderful view to look at whilst reading your Devotions. You have worked hard making a stunning garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely crochet project. The colors you chose just go so well together. Handwork does slow down a lot when the flowers start blooming, right? What a great gift of a book. I hope it continues to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on not having enough time to crochet these days! I feel the same as soon - things have got to slow down soon enough to get back to it right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I would really like that devotional! Putting it on my wish list! :)
    Your crochet project is so cute and springy. Can't wait to see it completed. Enjoy these nice days outside and crochet when it's not so nice... that's my philosophy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to make hay while the sun shines! I am ready for school to be out, although we will have marching band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is such a busy time outdoors, but so worth the time! Your crochet is lovely. Your daily devotional sounds lovely, too. I recently bought a sweet book called, 'Grace' with quotes and passages to lift the spirit each morning. I love your pretty garden. Have a blessed week. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the outdoors. You will be able to sit at your spot and crochet soon. I love daily devotionals. Right now I am on A Womans Dail Prayer Book by Nancy Parker Brummett and Christine A. Dallman. I love to start each day with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweet Heather! You are very gifted at crocheting and the things you make are so lovely! Spring and summer is a wonderful time to spend outside....enjoy the sunshine and flowers, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday Heather! I think we are all looking forward to the slower pace of summer!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.