Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Springtime at the Zoo


For my birthday, hubby took off work and we all went to the Cincinnati Zoo for the day.

I so enjoy going to the zoo this time of the year.  The tulips are in bloom and the flowering trees are starting to show their springtime beauty.  


The birds were sweetly chirping in their colorfully adorned perches.


Shades of pink were a sight to see in both flora and fauna.



A proud papa...


showed off his new cub.


The Lion wasn't the only beast showing it's pride.


This peacock was all show with his elegant feathers.


I tried to get a good photo of the red panda, but he was camera shy.  

Or, perhaps just admiring the flowers like the rest of the guests.


White monkeys were hanging out enjoying their view and taking a rest from their play.


The tulips and flowering trees really were the show stoppers though.




Hubby and dear son gave me a new zoom lens for my camera.  I had fun playing around with it today and experimenting with different shots.


I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Cincinnati Zoo.  

You didn't even have to put on your gym shoes.

:-)

Take care!
Heather


22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! And what a great gift for your camera. I take a lot of photos....don't we all? Enjoy your week! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Heather! Love all the beautiful photos; it's been years since I've been to the Cincinnati Zoo. Sounds like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!
    The pictures are stunning!! I am especially fond of the flower ones! Wow!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday wishes, Heather. Your photos are extraordinary. I know you will enjoy your new camera lens. Thanks so much for the trip to the zoo. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a very wonderful birthday Heather! What nice guys you have there with you. : ) Happy belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Heather!

    What a fun way to spend one's birthday, surrounded by so many beautiful creatures and pretty flowering trees and blooms! You are already a pro with your new zoom lens; gorgeous pics, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely birthday present for you. Gorgeous photos from your trip to the zoo.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool photos! I love the zoo. I haven't been in years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Heather!!! Thanks so much for letting us enjoy some of your celebration by sharing these gorgeous photos :) [I did enjoy not having to put on my gym shoes, but intend to put shoes on soon to head to the gym to swim some laps :) ] xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, Heather. I'm not a fan of zoos but this seems like a lovely one where the animals are surrounded by nature and have room to move about. Have fun with your new lens. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great photos! Looks like a lovely zoo to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Heather! It looks as if you had a lovely one. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Birthday Heather, what a great day out so many lovely things to see your photo's are beautiful, (I really must invest in a decent camera) those tulips look amazing. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos! Positively gorgeous!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/at-keyboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics and I went to the zoo also. Mine was in San Francisco.

    http://csuhpat1.blogspot.com/2015/04/going-to-san-francisco-zoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing a great job with your camera as all theseshots are woderful Love the flowers adn all the different critters. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to you! The zoo looks pretty with all the spring blooms.. And I love all the animals. The Lion and the cute cub are my favorites. Wonderful photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy late birthday! Oh my, what lovely, crisp photos! So colorful! Love the flowers, birds and animals from the zoo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.