Wednesday, March 11, 2015

This-n-That and A New Project


"How did it get so late so soon?"
Dr. Seuss

Yesterday it rained all day and this morning we have this.


Thick fog covering the meadow.

I'm fighting the fog and dreary weather with thoughts of spring and fresh scented candles.


Dear son has had a stomach bug for the past couple of days.  

In between washing bedding, refreshing Sprite, and sharing cuddle time while watching Curious George; 

I've been looking through old crochet books searching for the "perfect" project.

Lily Chin - Rainbow Stripes
Mosaic Magic Afghans Made Easy (1999)

Perfect in the sense that it looks like fun to make and I have the yarn on hand to make it.


The pattern is an Lily Chin mosaic design from her book Mosaic Magic.  You use a series of drop stitches to create different effects.  The beauty of these projects is that you carry the yarn up the sides of the work and don't have a lot of ends to cut and need to be woven in later. 


I want to thank all of you for the kind comments you've been leaving on my blog and welcome my new followers.  
I hope you know I appreciate each of you!

May your day be blessed,
Heather


"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
Marcel Proust

15 comments:

  1. The afghan looks lovely - those yarn colours all look gorgeous together. Hope the stomach bug has cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne. Hope you have a nice day, Heather

      Delete
  2. Good morning Heather. I just discovered your blog. I'll send you some warm sunshine from California; it's suppose to be in the high 80's here at the end of the week! I love this crochet pattern you shared. I'm sure it will be lovely in the colorway you are showing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the colors. A beautiful project! My son picked green and brown for his afghan, and I have not been very inspired, but I will get it done! I hope your son feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you had all that yarn on hand to make that afghan. Sounds like the perfect project to me. Hope your son recovers soon. The stomach bugs are miserable for young ones.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your son is feeling better soon there is so much going around at the moment. Beautiful yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what fun colors!! I cannot wait to see the finished afghan! Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fun basket of color. Great pattern you chose! I hope your son is feeling better. Those bugs are just no fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pattern you are working on. It's right up your ally. Should keep you busy for a while...until well after spring has sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet is beautiful! I love looking through vintage needlework books and magazines for ideas. Hope your little guy feels better soon - sounds like he is in good hands, though! Love the quote. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your yarn colours and your new project looks very interesting I can't wait to see how it develops. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mosaic design is lovely and perfect for the yarn you have. I love the quote you ended with....I'll write it in my journal tonight. I'm following you now but for some reason it put an old photo in....but hopefully you can tell it's me! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wonderful you have just the yarn for this project [right from you new craft shelves?]. I think the pattern you have chosen is lovely. I have never tried one where you carry the yarn up the side, but I am all for the idea of fewer ends to weave in :-) After an amazing for Portland stretch of sunny weather we are currently having rain. I finished the crocheted baby hat I started last weekend and am about half-way through knitting another. Wishing you and yours good health and more signs of Spring to encourage you, Heather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing that pretty afghan! Hope your son feels better too! As for candles, I've been trying to burn off all of my winter scents so I could start burning springy type candles! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You take on such interesting projects. This looks like it will be so pretty. I can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.