Sunday, March 15, 2015

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious


I don't know what the word means, but I couldn't think of a grand enough word for today!

"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want--oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
Mark Twain

It has been such a pretty day outside.  
I cleaned up my landscaping beds and cut back my rose bushes.  As I was cutting away the dead vegetation in the mailbox bed, I found this...


looks like my purple aster plant made it through the winter and is starting to sprout.

Our little cherry tree is full of buds.  In another week or two, it should be in full bloom.


I took the dog for a short walk as my son rode bikes with some of the neighborhood children.  Even the runoff creek looked inviting and interesting.


My latest crochet project is starting to sprout and grow as well.


Today was a blessed day.  

I've got a chicken roasting in the oven and I'm going to make a spring mix salad to go with it for dinner.  
It won't be long and we'll be grilling out!

Maybe I'm pushing it a bit.

:-)

Toodles my friends,
Heather


12 comments:

  1. Yes, it definitely looks like spring is trying very hard to come in! LOVE the way your blanket is looking. You are so patient in your crochet projects. I admire that about you! Your dinner sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pammy Sue, I appreciate your nice comment. I hope you are enjoying a nice Sunday. Heather

      Delete
  2. A lovely happy post Heather, I'm pleased that Spring is in evidence at your neck of the woods, I'm still waiting patiently, I love your crochet it looks like an intricate design you have so much patience. Have a lovely week. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is definitely in the air, we managed a few hours in the garden too. Love the pattern on the new crochet project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place is looking good. Love all that budding going on. My rose bushes have started to spring new life. I'm so excited about that. Spring always makes me happy. Your new crochet project is looking good. Love that pattern. It's very interesting.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me smile, Heather :) Your new crochet project is lovely! I can't wait to see the finished product. Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about ready to head back home now that spring is in the air. Your project is pretty with all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket looks great! how wonderful to see spring coming to life through your pictures- we still have so much snow here in WNY that even after a week of melting temps I still can't see any grass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather, Pretty crochet project. I have spring fever too. Each day, I see something new popping thru the ground! It lifts my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing better than when Spring shows up, even if it is only for a day or two, it gives you hope!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are enjoying spring about here too. We grilled the other day, yummy steaks. I need to get outside and clean our table and steps a bit. But we are already enjoying the outside weather, walking more and having windows open. I love that spring came early for us up here in the mountains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Mark Twain quote. It is so true! I have daffodils up several inches and we've been enjoying warmer temperatures. Your afghan is coming along beautifully, Heather. Have a great week! Dianna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.