Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Musings


The family went to IKEA on Saturday to get two cabinets for my craft room.  We enjoyed looking around, had a cup of coffee and looked around some more.  We purchased two inexpensive cabinets where I can store my yarn.  Hubby and I put one together when we got home and dear son and hubby did the second as I got started unpacking boxes.  There is still a lot of work to do.  I'll share some photos once I get it a bit more organized.  

Since I finished up the Bobble Diamond afghan, I thought I'd try to make another baby blanket for donation.  

I'm just doing a large granny in RHSS; the color is Monet.  I think I'll add a lilac border to make it more feminine.



Our temps warmed up a bit today and some of the snow melted.  We still have a way to go before we see the brown stubs of grass peeking through.  
Another wave of wintry weather is in the forecast for tonight.


I heard this little bird chirping as I was sitting at the computer.  He, and the buds on my cherry tree, are the first signs that spring isn't too far away.

Blackie, our Poodle/Golden Retriever pup, will be one year old on March 19th.  Hubby got her on the scales yesterday and she weighs 62 pounds.  The breeder told us she would weight about 45 pounds.  
She is a really solid dog.  
And we might be feeding her too much.  
She loves her doggie biscuits.



Ever since I got back to healthier eating and trying to lose weight, we've been eating a lot of stir fry.  


This is my favorite mix, the asparagus with mushroom.  


I'll add some minced garlic as well.  I don't add too many spices as I like to taste the veggies.  Then I'll toss the fettuccine with a little olive oil and maybe some grated Parmesan cheese.  Sounds good to me!

It won't be long and hubby will be pulling into the drive.  
I better get to it!

Hope your week is off to a great start.

Blessings,
Heather


28 comments:

  1. Fettuccine just went on my shopping list for tomorrow and am praying I can find it gluten free. Thank you for the idea, Heather! I have both asparagus and mushrooms in the crisper drawer...and chicken breast in the freezer!

    Your little afghan is going to be beautiful. I love those colors...and like the idea of a lilac border.

    Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna. I usually have rice as a side with the stir fry, but I saw the fettuccine in the pantry and thought it would be good too. Have a nice evening. Heather

      Delete
  2. Love the colour of the yarn you're using Heather I'm working with baby colours too at the moment, making granny's are great so relaxing I think. I love stir fries too so quick and tasty, have a great day. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather and thank you for visiting my blog. It is nice to meet you. The baby blanket is lovely. I adore Blackie; such a precious face! Two of my husband's favorites are asparagus and mushrooms. Thx for sharing this recipe idea. Here in Georgia, we are seeing signs of spring, too. Wishing you a lovely day. Mildred (p.s. I signed up to follow you.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and for your kind comment. Have a nice evening, Heather

      Delete
  4. Heather love the picture of Blackie. The colour of your yarn is beautiful. I have at least two stir frys a week I just love them.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosezeeta, thank you for stopping by today and for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  5. After that intricate looking diamond blanket, you must feel like doing something sort of easy! I love the colors of the baby blanket. It is nice to do for charity!
    Your stir fry sounds delish! I need to make some diet changes and get to moving more too!! Blackie is so handsome!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, I've been doing Weight Watchers since January and have lost 16 lbs so far. I'm plugging away at it and once the weather shifts, it will be nice to get outside and walk. Have a nice evening. Heather

      Delete
  6. Pretty new blanket! I've always loved the Monet shade of RHSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly, it's great to see you, thanks for the nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  7. Lovely new blanket, Heather; that's a very pretty color. Blackie is so adorable; we have a dog who was supposed to be smaller, too, and tops out at 80 pounds. Stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, hopefully Blackie doesn't hit the 80 lb mark. :-)

      Delete
  8. Your new crochet project is looking great/ Love that you got new shelves to store your yarn in. Can't wait to see them.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely color combination in that yarn...the blanket will be so beautiful! I love me some stir-fry as well and yours looks like it would be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather! Thanks for being a sweetie and stopping by! I love your new blanket - the colors are so pretty! I need to make a trip to Ikea - I am in dire need of more storage (or I'll have to do some purging, which is what the Mr. keeps telling me :) Blackie looks very smart and adorable and I love your stir fry combo. So nice to 'meet' you and I will be following along, too. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment. Have a great evening. Heather

      Delete
  11. Blackie is so sweet. She doesn't look overweight but I think I'd hold off on the doggie treats just in case. :) I have that same yarn, somewhere. Or I might have actually used it up making stuff. Can't remember. I'm definitely to do more charity crochet when I'm finished with school in June. As for storage, I always need more. Warm wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a very pretty pattern and blanket. I like the yarn you picked. Wow, one year for Blackie? I remember when you first wrote about getting him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to pop back in here to tell you that we tried your stir fry for our supper this evening and all I can say is YUMMY! I didn't find any gluten free fettuccine but I did find some gluten free spaghetti and that is what I used. Thanks so much for passing on your creation! We enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty blanket, covered in purple-y hues, and such a sweet gesture. Blackie and I, it seems, share many things: a birthday for one, and our love of biscuits, which we probably both need to keep at bay!;)) Now, for starters, those stir fries sound like a good starting point to get this girl on the right track!

    Happy weekend, Heather!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Monet crochet - a beautiful color.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color combination of the new blanket you have started, Heather, and your stir fry sounded yummy :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty color for your crochet....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.