Sunday, March 1, 2015

Complete


It is finally complete!

I started this the fall of 2013 and I didn't think I would EVER get it done.

I had a lot of starting, stopping, and working on other projects.

But in the end, it's done.


This project challenged my patience.  

Even so, I'm glad I kept at it.


The pattern is not difficult, I hope I'm not giving the wrong impression.  At a different time, I probably could have finished this more quickly.  


On another note...

We are getting more snow today.  

It's been snowing since we got up at 6:30 a.m.


The plow hasn't come back in our neighborhood yet.  We are in the country, so I'm guessing they are clearing the main roads first.

I think we've gotten between 2 - 3 inches of snow on top of what we already had.


If you think of it, say a little prayer for my hubby.  His hives are acting up again and one of is eyes is almost swollen completely shut.  
So we stayed in today.  
I'm going to make some homemade chicken soup this afternoon.

Chicken soup is good for what ails you.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting,

Heather

P.S.  Blackie says "hi."


17 comments:

  1. Hugely impressive blanket finish, Heather! It's beautiful!! I know it will be hard to let go of with all the work you put into it. You must be very proud of it. I would be! I just want to grab Blackie and kiss her face! What a cutie. Your poor husband. Hives are miserable. I hope he gets better quickly and soon! LOVE THE SNOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pammy Sue, it's a relief to have it complete, that is for sure! :-) Hope you are having a nice afternoon. Heather

      Delete
  2. We got some of that snow this morning, as well. It has now turned to rain. I'm sorry to hear of your hubby's hives returning with such severity. I will be praying for him. Your afghan is absolutely beautiful, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna; for the nice comment and your prayers. Heather

      Delete
  3. Hi Blackie, he's so cute! Congratulations on finishing that blanket you can be proud it's perfect. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I appreciate your nice comment. :-)

      Delete
  4. It looks like you finished the blanket just in time for a day when it is needed to keep you and yours cozy, Heather! You did such a fantastic job stitching it...and I am glad you did not find it difficult. [I would be terrified to try it :) ] I am praying your husband recovers rapidly, and I am sending some love pats for Blackie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gracie. The blanket is actually a gift for my brother-in-law. I hope to give it to him next Sat. Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your blanket is absolutely gorgeous! And you did finish it right on time. Hope your husband gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket is simply beautiful. Hope your husband feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blanket is absolutely stunning! Wow! Sending healing prayers for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather,

    What a pretty afghan; well done! It would be such a comfort to your poor hubby, I imagine, all wrapped up, feeling protected from the nasty challenge he is facing. Your wintry neck of the woods look peaceful, and even more so from indoors, I imagine. I'm sure that pot of soup worked wonders for the chill, being the comforting elixir that it is! Stay warm; cuddling up with your beautiful Blackie sounds ideal!

    Wishing you a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Heather! It's beautiful. I know you put a LOT of work into it. Stay warm and I hope your hubby feels better soon. And give Blackie a scratch behind the ears for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, WOW! Your afghan is incredibly beautiful! You definitely put a lot of work and love into and it shows - I am sure you will enjoy it for many years :)

    Happy Monday to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on getting this project finished - the blanket is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi to you and Blackie! Praying that your husband is doing better. What a masterpiece your afghan is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful blank. You did good sticking with it. Praying your hubby is doing better, and that's a cute photo of Blackie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.