Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rambling Thoughts on Thursday


"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.  A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have nothing to do but smell."
Laura Ingalls Wilder

That quote has nothing to do with my post today, but I liked it.  

It's quiet this morning.  Wednesday's are our busy days, with a lot of running around so I'm letting dear son sleep in this morning.

We are getting a bit of snow and it's pretty cold outside.  I took a front porch peek outside this morning and saw that the phylox I planted last year looks like it is going to make it through the winter.


Hopefully, it will have a lot of pretty little flowers this spring.

The boxwoods the landscape company planted are going to have to be dug out and replaced.  It's an evergreen and I don't think I've ever seen one this shade of rust before.


Back in the house...
I got a new bench for the entry.  
It's something I've been eyeing for a long time and when I saw that it was on sale, I finally pulled the trigger to purchase it.  


I like the lines of it, simple, yet interesting too.


I started working on a dishcloth yesterday.  


Hopefully I can finish this one today and start on another.  I always make dishcloths in pairs.  Don't quite know why?

Our family has been feeling the pressures of life here recently.  
Hubby has been very busy with work and having to take phone calls from home late into the night; he works with off-shore folks.  
We've had some problems with our home that we've been trying to get worked out with our builder.  
I've got some health things I need to get taken care of.  
Just life stuff.  
But, if you lose site of the things that are important, can really bring you down.


I'll close with another quote from "Laura".  

I hope your day is blessed.

"This earthly life is a battle,' said Ma.  'If it isn't one thing to contend with, it's another.  It always has been so, and it always will be.  The sooner you make up your mind to that, the better off you are, and more thankful for your pleasures."
Laura Ingalls Wilder

Heather


11 comments:

  1. Heather, I am sorry that your family is going through some hard times right now, but I admire your focus...the end Laura quote says it all. Hugs to you, my friend. May the Lord bless you with good health and work slowed down a bit for your hubby. Have a good remainder of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. This too shall pass. :-) Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Its always tough when you go through hard times, but hopefully it will soon pass and you will be on track again. Your health is important so make sure you look after yourself and get things sorted. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I always enjoy visiting here and seeing your beautiful pictures. You are right, if we lose sight of what's important we will be run over by our daily lives. I hope your week gets better and your health issues aren't serious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! I just found your blog and I like it!! You have a lovely family and home from what I've seen. I'm pretty sure box isn't suppose to be that color.
    Anyhow, I followed you so i'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bench! Love that dishcloth! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like the details of life sure do put pressure on us. I love that you are honest because frankly not every thing or every day is full of roses. I am sending you a big hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dishcloth, it's very pretty. Glad things are going well for the most part, sorry about your health. Praying you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dishcloth has such great texture. It will look as great as it functions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.