Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Another Snow Day


The snow has been steadily falling since I got up this morning.

All the local schools are closed again today.

I decided dear son and I should have a festive breakfast.


As I was pouring our tea, my son said, "we are having a tea party."

:-)

I hope he'll remember these moments as he gets older.

It was a cold night last night, so I went to bed early and snuggled in with a new book.


This is one of my mom's books she brought up last summer.  It's about a young girl who finds an antique quilt at a yard sale and purchases it for $5.00.  Then she starts an adventure researching the quilt and duplicating the quilt herself.  
It is good so far.

My "Bobble Diamond" measures 51.5" now.  I think about another 12 - 18 inches and I'll call it done.  My brother-in-law is a little over 6 foot, so I want to be sure it's long enough for him.


I think some crochet time is in order for this afternoon.


I'm enjoying watching the snow fall outside and appreciating the warmth of my home.


This was taken shortly after the plow came by.  You can't see the road any longer.  

May your day be richly blessed.

Be safe and stay warm,
Heather

I'm linking up with Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.

17 comments:

  1. Your blanket looks terrific, Heather :-) Enjoy your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. We are still doing school, even with the snow. I'd rather do school now and be done the end of May than have to add days. :-) Have a terrific day. Heather

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day to crochet! Your afghan is beautiful! What a wonderful way to start your day with your son! Making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's those kind of cold snowy days that are my favorite for snuggling up on a chair and crocheting the day away. Your afghan is looking super! Very very pretty! It will make a gorgeous gift!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that Bobble Diamond looks amazing. It must have taken ages - I just know I wouldn't have had the patience. I love the Elm Creek Quilts novels, particularly the historical ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, thank you for your kind comment. I've enjoyed the Elm Creek Quilt novels as well. Hope you have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  5. It sure looks beautiful from here. I hope you treated yourself to a snow day, too.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, the snow is pretty. The wind is really blowing it around now. Thankfully, I only have to go out to take the dog out a few times a day. We still do school when the local schools are closed, I like to be done with school by the end of May so we can start the freedom of summer. Have a great day and thank you for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  6. Hi Heather,

    So lovely to meet you! Well, it may be just another snow day, but you've made it very special by having such a sweet tea with your son; how cozy! Enjoyed your beautiful pics of your neck of the woods. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty pictures! It sounds like you enjoyed your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! You have a good day too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, that afghan is a work of art. In fact, ALL of yours are! I love this pattern!! You painted a cozy picture of being snowed in. I have read a few of those books. Always good. My Mom has those dishes, and I so love them!!! Your son will remember!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! That is a beautiful blanket. I used to have tea parties with the boys when they were young. They are teenagers now, and so far, they remember.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun breakfast. Do you know what project you are going to do next? I'm trying to find a new crochet project, just not sure what yet. I guess the fun is finding something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnn, I have a couple things I'd like to do. I want to make a coverlet for my bed and I also have an idea for a blanket, but it's just something I have in my head. I don't have the yarn yet for it. Have fun looking for something fun to do; Ravelry is always a good place to get ideas for a new project; a lot of free patterns. Have a great weekend. Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.