Friday, January 2, 2015

What's New?


I started a new project a few days ago.

It's a baby blanket for donation.  I'm using my "go-to" stitch pattern that I've been using for years.  
I always change up the border depending on if I'm making a boy blanket or one for a girl.  
I think this one will be for a girl.  
The body is written up and once I decide what to do with the border hope to share it with you.

- - -

For Christmas, I was gifted with an Amazon gift card.  I purchased a few books with it; two are of the crochet variety.  

The first one is a book of squares.


I'm not familiar with this designer, but I figured in a book of 365 granny squares I'd be able to find a few that I liked.

:-)

This is one of my favorites so far.


I also purchased a book to organize ideas.  
It says it's for knitting, but I thought it could easily be adapted for crochet.


It is a journal of sorts with an area for project notes and details as well as a graph page where you can make a drawing.



Isn't that a neat book?  

- - -

In other new year news...

I don't set resolutions any more, but I do have a few "goals" I'd like to strive toward.

The first is to get my craft room organized this year.  
I've been looking on "Craigslist" for some sort of wall unit that has glass doors.  
I want to have a place to put my yarn without it getting all dusty.  
If I can't find what I'm looking for I may end up going to IKEA.  

I want to get something like this....

without the big price tag.  

The other goal I have is to take off some weight.  
I know this is a common theme among us women, but one I'm going to strive toward this year.  
I have a date with Weight Watchers tomorrow morning.

I hope your new year is off to a fabulous start.

Wishing you bountiful blessings,

Heather

The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.  We can help write that story by setting goals.
Melody Beattie


12 comments:

  1. Granny squares seem to be so much work. I tend to lose interest rather quickly. I like the one you shared. My craft space is something I need to pull together too. ..after tax time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two books look really interesting. Enjoy.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful books, the journal looks like a real find. Good luck with finding the right piece of furniture, it might be worth looking at secondhand and stripping and painting it to your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blanket for charity. I love the traditional granny square and that book looks very interesting but I am often pattern illiterate. Sometimes I try a new pattern that turns out nothing like it's supposed to. :)

    I totally changed my eating 10 years ago, became vegetarian 6 years ago and mostly vegan nearly 2 years ago. I would say of all that, giving up all dairy products was probably the one thing that made keeping my weight under control very, very easy. I believe in eating real food, without all the extra added fat and calories, nothing processed, no refined sugars and lots and lots of walking. :) Wishing you all the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you taking charge of your weight and craft room. I wish you the best, it is not an easy task especially as we get older.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice of you to do blankets for charity. I am sure they are most appreciated! I have a similar book on granny squares. I like it. And the organizing one looks good too. And the journal! Good luck with Weight Watchers. It is a good program. I lost 55 pounds with them. Most have "found" me again. I need to go back.
    Happy New Year.
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good--working on changes for the new year. I like your idea for a cabinet, hope you can find one.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those books look interesting, especially the journal. I hope you can find the kind of cabinet you are looking for. The new project looks pretty already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with all your New Year changes Heather, I love that blanket and the book looks very interesting I do like that square. I'm with you on the weight loss I have a date with the gym at 8 30 in the morning. Have a great week. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on finishing the blanket, wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.