Thursday, January 22, 2015

Just Fool'n Around


Last summer, I bought this pretty cotton yarn with the intentions of making a solid colored blanket for the foot of my bed.  I was inspired by a beauty I saw on-line that was done in thread.  

Fast forward about 6 months and I'm finally getting around to playing with ideas for the coverlet.  We'll see; I'm still looking.  

P.S.  If anyone is interested in the motifs center, bottom center, or bottom left, they can be found in Robyn Chachula's book Crochet Stitches pg. 188 & 192 respectively.  The two in the upper right are a simple variation on a solid granny square.


The family sat down over the weekend and talked about what we would like to plant in our raised bed garden this spring.  

We've narrowed it down to Strawberries, Tomatoes, Corn, Summer Squash, Peppers, Cucumbers, Broccoli, Onions, Lettuce, and Potatoes.  Dear son wants to have a bed all his own to care for with some repeats.  

We may need to narrow it down a bit more.  I don't want it to be so overwhelming that no one wants to do it again next year.

:-)

It's been looking like rain the past several days.  I'd much rather have the cheery, white, reflective snow this time of year.  I know I'm in the minority, but it's the truth.  I have candles lit all through the house trying to brighten up the atmosphere.


Hubby has been feeling under the weather.  I think he's had a touch of the flu and his hives have been acting up.  He has chronic hives; stress, being sick, or certain foods can bring them on.  Once they start, it takes a while to get them back under control.  So, we've all just been lying low.  

I'm still working on the bobble diamond afghan and have made some decent progress on it.  This will be a record for the longest running work in progress for me.  Usually, I just rip out a work in progress if it doesn't hold my interest and set aside the yarn for something else.

I hope you are all doing well.  
I'm looking forward to spring, or snow, whichever comes first.

Blessings,

Heather

9 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to spring and getting back out into the garden. My husband and I have started planning out our little garden and containers, I love the planning as much as the doing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to redo our plan and figure out what grows best together. I know not all things grow well together. Thanks for your nice comment. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  2. Beautiful squares, Heather. I hope you find something pretty to make with them. We'd like to have a garden this year, but the soil's a lot different in Texas; we have to do some research first. I hope your hubby feels better soon. Stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I'm just trying to find the right one to do for a coverlet. Have a great day, Heather

      Delete
  3. That looks like it will be a pretty coverlet. What a fun project to try. I agree, I would rather snow this time of year, it's too brown otherwise. I hope your hubby starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you decide for the coverlet Heather, I love messing around trying to decide it's fun, I'm looking forward to Spring too this cold weather and the dark days do nothing for my mood, I hope your poor hubby feels better soon, have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your husband feels better soon, it's certainly the season for all of these bugs! I look forward to seeing how your blanket develops. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing the coverlet as the squares look gorgeous. I so love reading seed catalogues. Good luck with the garden planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. I'm trying to wrap up the Bobble Diamond afghan before I crochet one more thing. Hope you have a great day, Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.