Friday, January 23, 2015

Chant Arabe


Dear son's new piano song for this week is called Chant Arabe.  It's a very melodramatic piece that blends flawlessly with the winter landscape.  


See what you think...


DS's piano instructor said the song was about a man traveling in the desert with no water, then he thinks he sees water, but alas, it's just a mirage.  

Winter is a desert in the absense of the sun.


Thin boney tree branches reaching for an empty sky.


A scenery nearly void of color.

Very Edger Allan Poe "ish", wouldn't you say?

:-)

On a less dramatic note and certainly a more cheery one, I made this motif last night:


It's my Winter Blooms motif from Crochet World's December 2011 issue.  

I'm going to go up a hook size.  I did this one with an "E" hook and sport weight cotton yarn.  


The motif is a series of cluster stitches.  Some are 4dc-tog, some are 2sc-tog.  I may do something a little different with the final round also.  We'll see.  
It was fun to get this out though and re-make it.  

I hope your weekend gets off to a great start!

Weight Watchers, grocery shopping and a new soup recipe are on my agenda for the weekend.

The stuff life is made of.

Toodles my friends,

Heather



10 comments:

  1. It must be lovely listening to your son playing the piano, my three daughters all play and I love it when they come home and play. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the motif Heather it's lovely. The piano song is lovely too I enjoyed hearing it and the photo's are very apt. Have a great weekend . :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post, Heather! The music piece does go well with the winter scenery you have pictured here. Love the motif you are working on. Enjoy your soup...~wink~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music does sound serious, and seems fitting for the subdued views of winter around you, but the wonderful patterns the tree branches make against the sky are uniquely beautiful, aren't they, Heather. I admire the motif you just crocheted, too. I wonder if I will ever be able to focus long enough to follow such a pattern...I hope so :) Wishing you and yours a happy weekend! I plan to attend an art group at church on Sat. afternoon and am looking forward to playing with paint and glue and such :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter, while stark and gray has its own special beauty.
    Have a great weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds like winter! I like the motif. Good crochet weather right now! Happy weekend!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those motifs. And I agree, winter is so gray and dull, that's why I prefer some snow on the ground. But like you, we are snowless right now, which is very strange for us. What us get dumped on in March and it will stay until June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous motif! I love it in all white! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really loving your ivory squares! I have two patterns for squares like that I want to send you. I'm not sure if I have your email, but I'll look and see, or maybe it's on your profile page. If not, send it to me! As for your winter landscape, I rather like it kind of dreary. Maybe that's weird, but I do. I imagine it would get old if it lasted too long though. Some sunshine and green and flowers feel good too if it's not too hot. I'm trying a new soup recipe today in my crockpot too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather! First let me say that your son's piano piece was lovely! I have been playing classical piano since age 9 (just hit the big 50 last November) I'm a little rusty now because I don't always play everyday, but still love the piano so much and enjoy hearing younger people play and learn the art. I hope you share more of this in the future on your blog. Also, your square motif is beautiful, and thank you for sharing the CW issue, because I checked my archives and still have it! Yay! I think the solid white/cream is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.