Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bedtime Blankie


Read me another story?

(This was one of my son's favorite books as a baby and I loved reading it to him.  Sweet memories.  My husband keeps trying to put it in a box for Goodwill and I keep pulling it out.)

I finished the baby blanket I made for this Sunday's donation.  I was hoping to complete two, but I'm not going to be able to.

I used Red Heart Super Saver in White and Orchid for the border.  I did a simple alternating drop stitch for interest and contrast.  I think the little loops around the edge add a girly touch.


I was hoping to post the pattern when I finished this blanket, but that will have to wait.  I'll post the pattern in full once I have time to write up a border.  I like to experiment with different borders and while I think this turned out sweet, my favorite so far for this blanket is the one I did a couple of years ago HERE.  


I just need to wash it and package it up.  
I like to keep those plastic envelop bags that different bedding comes in to deliver items for donation.

One less thing in the landfills and it keeps the items clean.


Wishing you a wonderful day.

I'm off to find my works in progress and hopefully make some headway.  

Happy crocheting!

Heather

22 comments:

  1. I love the colour and pattern for the border, gives it real definition, beautiful. A truly lovely donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Heather - I always love your baby blankets! They've served as good inspiration for my projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH! So-so pretty! I followed your link and went and looked at the other one again too. I like both borders! Maybe you could include both with your pattern for a choice? I really love the purple with the off-white. I think I just like purple, period. (Keep that book! I regret not keeping more things like that from when my boys were young. You will have grandkids some day to read it to also! I know it's hard to imagine, but you will.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pammy Sue. That was my thinking on the little book too and as a keepsake. That is a good idea on the borders, thanks! Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! So sweet! And I really like the one you did a couple years ago too! Borders always make me nervous because of getting the number around just right. If that makes any since at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket Heather and the border just makes it even sweeter. That was one of my childrens favourite books too.It's hard to get rid of memories.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful Heather and I love love the border it finishes it off perfectly, I like the other too but this is my favourite in my favourite colour. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather you are so sweet, the blanket is such a gift.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful. What is the usual size you make for a baby blanket? I've not made many and I just wonder. I can't wait for the pattern, I love the border. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn, this blanket ended up being about 34 x 34.

      Delete
  9. It's such a beautiful blanket, I'm sure it will be gratefully received. The border is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Heather...that beautiful orchard border makes an already beautiful afghan gorgeous! I'm looking forward to that pattern! ;) Thank you so much for sharing. I did click and go back to view your favorite border...it is beautiful also! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna; you are very kind. :-)

      Delete
  11. The blanket is beautiful, love the orchid edging it really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely baby blanket. I can understand too why you retrieve your son's blanket from the giveaway box. Too many treasured memories there. Have you thought of passing the blanket along to your son to use with his babies? That would provide even more treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I made the blanket for donation, it's brand new. The book is the cherished memory that I've now stored away for safe keeping. :-) Thanks again.

      Delete
  13. ufffff ...lovely blanket....white always looks so delicate.Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful! Love the edging. The contrasting color adds so much interest to it. Good idea!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.