Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ambling Along at a Leisurely Pace


amble (verb)
:  to walk slowly in a free and relaxed way

Or, in this case, crochet.

:-)

I'm about 60 - 65% on the Bobble Diamond Afghan.  It looks the same, just a little longer.  I love the pattern, I just wish it would increase in size more quickly.  I'm working on it a little every day.

Where are those little fairy tale elves, that helped the shoe cobbler out, when you need them?


I'm hoping for a huge sense of satisfaction when this blanket is complete!

- - -

It was 11 degrees this morning and had warmed up to a balmy 20 ish degrees when I took "Blackie" out to do her "business".

She loves the snow and friskily gallops around the yard like a pony.

Please ignore the fact that she's in desperate need of a trip to the groomers.


The sun came out again today.

Hip-hip hooray!


It's so pretty glistening on the snow.


Not to mention the lift it puts in my step.

- - -

I started over on the new Jan Karon book.  I didn't get very far into it over Christmas, so just started it over.  The characters have a different feel from the earlier books in the series.  But, I'm not very far into the book and maybe that is how it starts out.  

Anyone else whose read it know what I mean?


Hope your "hump day" is a happy one,

Heather

Linking up with Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, you know you will have a great sense of satisfaction when that baby is done! I bet that sucker is heavy. I admire your persistence. Blackie looks so sweet with the snow on her face! We had 80 degrees yesterday and it's the same for today. Back and forth, back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pammy Sue, I hope you are right! :-) Don't let Blackie's sweet look fool you, she's a wild one. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  2. Blackie needs that coat to keep warm. Love the colour looks hard to crochet. I can only do the basic.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a stunning blanket and looks really warm beautiful, a real delight. I love little Blackie's sweet face they are such good company. Still no snow here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather your afghan is beautiful. I know this pattern and I know just what you mean about increasing in size! So many stitches need to make one bubble. Maybe it will be warming up soon in your area. In Missouri today we already have 43* and sunny! Lovely day! Hump days are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful so far, Heather :-) You're doing a great job; I know you'll love it when it's done. Blackie is so cute. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the great sense of satisfaction will be forthcoming - it's a lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, that afghan is absolutely gorgeous. You do such beautiful work! As for the new Jan Karon book...yes, I felt exactly the same way when I started reading it. I finally figured out what it was. Between the other 9 Mitford books and this latest one, Jan Karon wrote two "Father Tim" novels...Home to Holly Springs and In the Company of Others. Home to Holly Springs is about Father Tim going back to where he was raised as a boy and finds out that he has a sibling (Henry) and In the Company of Others is about Father Tim and Cynthia's trip to Ireland. I was almost 100 pages in before the book really became like "old friends" to me again. Once it did though, I absolutely loved it. I actually went to Amazon and bought the other two novels for $4 each and will read them in sequence. Then the first part of Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good will make more sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that blanket looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blanket is exquisite!!!
    Blackie is cute!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blanket is beautiful and well done for your perseverance bobble stitch takes forever but it's going to be so worth it in the end. Blackie looks so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blanket is stunning! I love both the pattern and the color. I haven't read a Jan Karon book in years. Thanks for the reminder. I always enjoyed her writing about the sweet little town of Mitford and all its characters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That afghan is so pretty. It's nice that you have snow, we still don't have any. We are going to be close to 50 tomorrow. To warm for winter, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your definition of amble! I am working on slowing down a little during the last weeks of winter. I want to enjoy the coziness of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not read the last two books in the series, but two of my friends have and they were disappointed. I am interested to see what you think.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blanket is beautiful!, Thanks for your visit and following.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blanket is beautiful, love the color! So glad it is sunny there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That will be complete satisfaction when you finish a project that big!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.