Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Mid-Week


It's Wednesday and time again for a yarn along update.

I finally got the new Jan Karon book from the library.  From what people have been saying, it's one of the best in her Mitford Series.  


The scarf is coming along and I'm doing a few rows here and there as time allows.  

Dear son got sick in the middle of our math lesson today.  He's resting on the sofa now.  He kept down some Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and saltines.  I hope it's just a 24 hour thing.  He says he feels better already.  
I'm not feeling 100% now, but am hoping it's just sympathy pangs.

The house across the street is having an open house today.  Kind of strange to be holding an open house in the middle of the week.  There were two different cars there along with the realtor's car.  Hopefully it will sell and our neighbor will get a good price.  

Not much else going on.  Gifts to wrap, cookies to bake and a nice break starting on Saturday.

Hope your Christmas planning and preparing is going well.

Don't forget the reason for the season!


Merry Christmas,
Heather

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:  and the government shall be upon his shoulder:  and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6


15 comments:

  1. I am only on book 3 (will start it after the first of the year) of the Mitford Series. Love Jan Karon! Your scarf is coming along nicely! Very pretty! I hope your son is feeling 100% very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, I'm surely sorry to hear about your little guy not feeling his best...and hoping that you don't come down with it! I've had a really off week, as well. My husband told me I could books 7-9 of the Mitford series...which means I will soon have the entire series with the exception of the one you just got out from the library. I'll be anxious to hear what you think. Everyone that I've talked to who has read it says it is the very best one of all.

    I love that scarf pattern! I may need to come back and copy down the pattern you shared.

    Have a very blessed Christmas season of celebration of our dear Saviour's birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care. Heather

      Delete
  3. Your scarf is coming along great Heather, so sorry to hear your son is unwell, there seems to be so much sickness going around just now, I hope the rest of the family stay well, I have been back and forth helping my brother he has MS and has had the flu, I have a feeling I may get it just in time for Christmas it's usually the case, enjoy your Christmas preparations. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read the Mitford series, but I've heard they're good. Your scarf is looking great! I love the yarn bowl, too. I'm sorry your son is sick - I hope he feels better soon and no one else catches the bug. Tis the season for germs! Thanks for the wonderful reminder of the reason for Christmas :-) That's one of my favorite scenes; we watch it every year (sometimes a few times!). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree it was my favorite of all of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry your son was ill...praying he is well soon and your husband and you remain well. I love the Mitford series, too! Your scarf is so pretty, Heather. I need to post to show you what I finished last weekend, and I hope to knit a simple scarf by Christmas. Knit Knit Knit !!! It is so cool that Peanuts celebrates Christmas, isn't it. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book looks like a good read. Your scarf is coming along great too. Its hard to find extra time these days with all the happenings of the season. Wishing your son a speedy recovery. Merry Christmas!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scarf is looking great! Hope you both feel better soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must get back to reading The Mitford series! Love the color of your scarf! My daughter is saying Linus's lines in our Christmas Cantata this weekend. Hope you and your son are feeling better! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scarf is pretty. I haven't read that author before. I'll have to look into that series. I hope you are all feeling 100% now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get that book, I love Mitford. Hope both you and your son are feeling better, not a great time of year to get sick.
    Sending you a hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bugs seem to make their way around the world. Some folks at school had the same thing and kept passing it around to each other. Hope it didn't latch on to you, too and that your's son queasiness was shortlived.

    Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.