Saturday, December 20, 2014

Heavenly Peanut Butter Fudge



It's that time of year for treats that are really bad for you, but taste...
oh... so... good.

One of our family's traditional delights comes in the form of fudge.

Not just any fudge, 
not your typical confection...

This is creamy, melt-in-your mouth, heavenly fudge.

Peanut butter to be exact.

While the recipe isn't mine, it's one I've "adopted" as my own and have been making it annually for at least 14 years.

If you follow the directions as written, you'll be rewarded with a splendid, almost supernatural concoction...

and your family will bow at your feet.

I'm just kidding
(but, they might.)

:-)

from All Recipes by Janet Awaldt

4 cups white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter (I use creamy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

2.  In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 7 minutes.  Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted.  Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan.  Let cool before cutting into squares.


Note:  My experience in making this is that once you remove it from the heat, you have to mix in the additional ingredients quickly (in the ordered outlined in the recipe of course).

Enjoy!
Heather

P.S.  Did I mention that it is rich?  But, all that sugar in the recipe didn't give that away.
:-)


10 comments:

  1. Sweet! Your recipe is a type of fudge that is new to me. Two of my nieces have continued the tradition of making many of the confections my mom used to make. We just got the box of sweets from them today, so those of my family who can, are enjoying treats! Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas celebration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy memories of Grandma making her fudge at Christmas time. It was peanut butter too but with chocolate. Wishing you a merry and blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fudge of all types but I love peanut butter too so I bet this is yummy, we don't have marshmallow cream here so I won't be able to make it unfortunately (maybe just as well haha) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't look now, but I think your Santa is about to dive in! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes a pretty fudge, and A LOT! Sounds great. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have fun this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so delicious! I copied the recipe and just printed it out.. might have to try it! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it sounds decadent. My husband would love it - especially if it had a chocolate layer added.

    Thanks for the recipe, and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut butter fudge is my favorite, but my family likes chocolate, so I adapt. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.