Monday, December 8, 2014

First Frost Scarf



I finished up the scarf I was working on.  I know, I know, it took me a really long time to finish it.

I ran out of yarn, so it isn't as long as I would have liked, but it works well with a short-waisted jacket.




I had hubby take a few photos.  
In hind sight, I should have put on some lipstick (and lost 20 lbs).  

:-)

I started another scarf in the same pattern and will get some better pictures (close-ups) once that is complete.  In the meantime, I've posted my pattern below.  I tested it several times myself, but if you come across an error, or have any questions, please e-mail me or leave me a comment.


At First Frost Scarf Detail

At First Frost Scarf

Materials

*  3 - 50g balls of fingering weight yarn (I used Knit Picks Palette in Verdant Heather; 100% Peruvian Highland Wool; 231yds/50g)
*  E/4 (3.5mm) Hook
*  Blunt-End Needle for Weaving in Ends


Finished Size:  ?? x ?? (ran out of yarn, will post size of next one)


Skill Level:  Easy


Special Stitches Used:  

Shell - 5 dc in one stitch


Notes

*  Ch 1 at beginning of row does not count as a stitch.
*  Ch 3 at beginning of row counts as a dc.
*  Ch 4 at beginning of row counts as a dc, ch-1.
*  [  ] Repeat across row number of times indicated.



Directions

Ch 51

Row 1 -(WS) sc in 7th ch from hook, [sk 2 ch, shell in next ch, sk 2 ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, sk 2 ch, sc in next ch] 4 times across, sk 2 ch, shell in next ch, sk 2 ch, sc in next ch, ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in last ch, turn.

Row 2 -(RS) ch 1 (see notes), sc in 1st dc, [sk next sc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 3, sc in next dc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, sc in ch-3 sp] 4 times across, sk next sc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 3, sc in next dc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, sc in top of tch, turn.

Row 3 -ch 3 (see notes), 2 dc in 1st sc, [sk 2 dc, sc in ch-3 sp, ch 3, sk next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp, sk 2 dc, shell in next sc] 4 times across, sk 2 dc, sc in ch-3 sp, ch 3, sk next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp, sk 2 dc, 3 dc in last sc, turn.

Row 4 -sc in 1st dc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, sc in ch-3 sp, [sk next sc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 3, sc in next dc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp] 4 times across, sk next sc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 3, sc in top of tch, turn.

Row 5 -ch 4 (see notes), [sc in ch-3 sp, sk 2 dc, shell in next sc, sk 2 dc, sc in ch-3 sp, ch 3, sk next sc] 4 times across, sc in ch-3 sp, sk 2 dc, shell in next sc, sk 2 dc, sc in ch-3 sp, ch 1, dc in last sc, turn.


Repeat Rows 2 - 5 to desired length.

Fasten off.


Finishing

Weave in ends
Lightly block if desired


Abbreviations

beg..... begin/beginning
ch........ chain stitch
ch-....... refers to chain or space previously made (i.e. ch-1 space)
ch sp... chain space
cm....... centimeter(s)
dc....... double crochet
g......... grams
lp(s)..... loops(s)
mm...... millimeter(s)
oz........ ounce(s)
rem...... remain/remaining
rep...... repeat(s)
RS....... right side
sc........ single crochet
sk........ skip(ped)
sl st..... slip stitch
sp(s).... space(s)
st(s)..... stitch(es)
WS...... wrong side
yd(s).... yard(s)
yo....... yarn over

Copyright © 2014 At Home on the Meadows - Heather Prusia / Heather's Crochet - All Rights Reserved

P.S.  Providing a link to the yarn for reference only; I am not an affiliate.


32 comments:

  1. This should help keep you warm and cozy! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Heather. I love that pattern and the shade of green is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty. I love the pictures too. :) I'll have to make sure I bookmark this so I can try it soon. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful, Heather, and so does your scarf :-) Thank you for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very kind of you to say and I appreciate it. :-)

      Delete
  5. It is a beautiful scarf and a lovely colour. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ybeautiful scarf heather and you looks great, no need to change anything. Thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather this is very pretty. Are you going to share it on Ravelry? I would like to add it to my library so that I will get to this one... You know how it is when you don't see the pattern in front of you sometimes you forget. And I want to do this one. Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliment. I just finished adding it to Ravelery. I hope you'll enjoy making it when you do. Thanks again, Heather

      Delete
  8. It's beautiful Heather! And so are you!!!!
    XO Kris
    PS Love your hair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this scarf and stitch pattern! You look really good in your blue jean jacket with the scarf and pink turtleneck! Isn't your hair a lighter color than before? It looks good! Thanks for sharing this pattern. L.O.V.E. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pammy Sue. My hair is lighter, I usually have it lighter in the summer and darker in the winter, but this year I decided to keep it light through the winter months too. Thanks for the nice compliment. Heather

      Delete
  10. It's a lovely scarf Heather and you really suit it, thank you for sharing the pattern :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you look pretty fantastic, and so does your scarf. I might have to try this as I have the perfect yarn to show off the stitch pattern.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful scarf! It looks fantastic on you! Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pattern is darling. I am putting together a new website that features free crochet patterns and I would love to add your scarf to the list. You can see the beginnings of the website here http://crochetmyworld.weebly.com/

    I am still just starting to put it together but I never feature your whole pattern, just a link and one of your pictures. If you are interested or have any other patterns you would love to share please let me know. I can't wait to pull out my hook and crochet this awesome pattern. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassandra, I'm fine with that. Thank you for your interest in my pattern, I appreciate it. Take care and Happy New Year! Heather

      Delete
  14. That scarf is gorgeous! Love both the yarn and the stitch! It looks so pretty and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so beautiful, my friend :) Your scarf is also extremely lovely! I am truly amazed at your talent.

    Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely scarf and such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pattern, love the yarn you used and I would say it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.