Thursday, December 18, 2014

Everyday Centerpiece


I recently started following a new-to-me blog called On Sutton Place.  
She had a neat idea posted today for an evergreen centerpiece.  

I thought to myself, I've got some wild cedar trees growing in our yard...
I'll go out with the rose clippers and trim off a few branches when I take "Blackie" out for her morning constitutional.

Blackie says, "Hi".
P.S.  Her nose is dirty from "rooting" around in the grass.  Not sure what she thinks she is going to find, but it's one of her favorite past-times.

So, I cut some cedar...
found a pottery pitcher in the cupboard...
and went to town.


As I cut the branches, the cedar scent really started to fill the room.


It didn't take 10 minutes...


and I had a pretty (and free) table top arrangement.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery....

Hope your day is cheery and bright.

Heather

P.S.  Thanks for your nice comments on dear son.  Hopefully his queasy stomach will pass soon and he'll be feeling better for Christmas.

  

15 comments:

  1. Heather, I love your centerpiece! I love the smell of cedar so I can just imagine how wonderful it smells in your home right now. Everything looks lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of cedar in the house this time of year. However, I am allergic to it. If I touch it I break out in blisters! The candles just don't smell the same to I do without. Beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too bad and doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I'd stay clear of it too! Thank you for your nice comment.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty natural centerpiece! I love it, and I bet it smells divine. Hi, Blackie! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um what did I notice about he centerpiece???? The longaberger pitcher~ I have one in green and blue! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, it is a Longaberger pitcher, I purchased it a long time ago. I'm not sure if they still make them or not? Thank you for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  5. It's very pretty Heather, I will have to see what I can salvage from my garden. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find something pretty. Thank you Linda. :-)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful idea, it looks beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, Heather :-) What a wonderful idea. Blackie's getting so big! My dogs love to root around in the dirt, too. Hugs to your dear son and hopes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so pretty! Glad you had tress around you that would work for that. Hope your son feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the right touch, Heather. I have some holly sprigs inside this year, but no cedar yet. I love your arrangement. And I send more love pats to Blackie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and beautiful. The best kind. Happy holidays. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.