Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Quiet Tuesday in December


Thanksgiving is over and most of the leftovers have been ate (eaten).  
I think it depends on where you reside in the ole US of A.  

Friday, we spent the day taking down all our fall decorations and getting out the boxes of Christmas goodies from the basement.

The tree is up and the decorations have been hung (and adjusted).  

The "boys" just don't get that you can't hang three green bulbs right next to each other.

:-)


Please ignore the fact that we have been in our house for eight months and still don't have window coverings in our family room. 

Last year all our Christmas things were in storage, so it was fun to get out the familiar decorations and put them around the house.


We got back to school yesterday and the day was a tumultuous whirlwind.  Getting back into multiplication word problems, phonetic intricacies of spelling words and the study of magnetic force can be a little rough on a 4th grader (and his mother) after a nice five day break.

But, I'm glad to report that today has been so much more peaceful and the seas more calm.  

And life, or the music, plays on.  


We are settling into one of my favorite times of the year now.  

For me, Christmas is a time for reflecting on my faith and spending precious time with my family.  My husband reminded me just last week, "In nine years, once DS goes away to school, it will just be you and me rattling around in this house."

I'll think about that another day.

Hugs,
Heather




18 comments:

  1. You always decorate so tastefully, Heather. Wise choice on thinking on your hubby's statement another day. ;) For now, just enjoy your home and this very special time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Christmas time. We have been in our house for about 6 months now and like you we still don't have window covers in all the windows, a yard and I still have a few boxes that simply won't leave our bonus room ... I just feel we have so much going on we can't do all at the same time if we also want to live life ... Your house look very beautiful and very Christmassy ... My daughter leaves for college this next summer ... Enjoy bcz time flies ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to fit everything into the day. We still have some boxes in the basement to unpack and find a home for those things and my craft room still needs to be unpacked and organized. Time does fly. Thank you for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  3. Your home looks so warm and welcoming, beautiful Christmas décor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so nice and cozy I didn't even pay any attention to the window coverings (or the lack of)! :) We live in the woods and we don't have any window coverings either (been here 15 years).
    Try not to think abou what will come in 9 years. It will go fast enough on it's own. We have two of three still at home. One a senior and one a sophomore.
    I love this time of year too. Why we chose right now to do some remodeling I have no idea! It is kind of crazy right now and I don't know if or when our tree will go up. But I will enjoy the season anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have anyone directly behind us yet, so I didn't feel a rush to find just the right thing for the windows. It will happen in time. The end result of remodeling is something to look forward to. Thank you for your kind comment. Heather

      Delete
  5. This is a beautiful post Heather... enjoy the season and the spirit it brings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations look lovely Heather, your home looks so warm and cosy and yes those nine years will go so quickly make the most of each and every minute. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got our the Christmas decoration boxes from the attic, but they are still sitting unopened. My mantel is naked now. Your tree looks so pretty in your new living room, and I really love that night light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get it decorated and looking pretty. All the pictures I've seen of your home look warm and inviting. Thanks for the compliment, the night light of the house is a Dept. 56 from years ago and the one of Madonna with child was a gift from a friend. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  8. Great job getting your decorations up, Heather :-) They look lovely. We're slow this year, just a little up each day. It is a wonderful time of year, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) I know you are busy with homeschooling and the new little one. It is a wonderful time of year. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful home and your decorations and tree are so pretty. And I get the whole thing about adjusting the ornaments on the tree. :) Our oldest is 19, but thankfully still living with us, and our youngest is 17 (almost 18). We know it won't be much longer at all. This year we were even talking about all the ornaments we would send with the kids whenever they married/moved out etc... It was sad to talk about but exciting too. I'm always excited for them when they enter new seasons in their lives. But thankfully no new seasons right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ms. heather !....how adorable decoration,love your Christmas tree and the lightning hose,beutiful...your son is looking so tall,time is passing quick....a young man playing the piano...how sweet.Happy Holidays !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.