Saturday, November 22, 2014

Snow, Etc.


It isn't Buffalo...

but, we had our first significant snowfall of the season this past Monday.  It was looking a lot like a Thomas Kincade painting in our neck of the woods.  

It was a nice taste of winter.  This was my view off the front porch.  So pretty in the early morning light.  

Dear son played outside after our school day and "Blackie" bounded through the snow like a reindeer.

Have I mentioned that "Blackie" is full of strength and energy?  Have I mentioned that her 47 pound frame can drag her owner around the yard like a rag doll (namely me)?  

She's 8 months old and still growing. 


She got a hair cut mid week last week and the groomer went a little crazy with the clippers, but we still love her.


Things have been really busy here.  We've had company, karate belt testing, weekly master club at church, piano lessons, etc.  

I did get my Thanksgiving grocery shopping done a little early and have the menu planned out.  Wednesday starts the cooking at my house.  My sister and her family will be joining us for the big event and it should be a lot of fun.   

Sorry I haven't been around to your blogs in a while.  I hope you are all doing well.

Take care,

Heather

19 comments:

  1. So good to see a post up from you, Heather! Our kids left Maine this morning (Sat.) to head our way...about a 15 hour trip for them. The good part is that they will be here all week with us! SO looking forward to it. I know you will enjoy having your sister and her family there this coming week, as well. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. Enjoy your time with your family. Heather

      Delete
  2. That looks like a whole lot of snow to me. Blackie is very cute! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot for our area about 4 inches, but Buffalo, NY got that plus in feet. I've been reading on the news how they've been digging out. Ours is about melted now and it's supposed to be warm for the next several days. Wishing you and your family Thanksgiving greetings from across the world Tammy. Heather

      Delete
  3. Beautiful snowscape. I love looking at snow, just don't care to be in it. Blackie looks like a cutie. Wishing you a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I imagine you had some snow last week too, if I remember correctly, you are in KY. Blackie is a cutie when she isn't bouncing off the walls. :-) Wishing you a terrific Thanksgiving too. Heather

      Delete
  4. Beautiful picture, Heather. I don't miss the large amounts of snow. Blackie's getting so big! The smaller of our two dogs is just a little bigger weighing in around 55 pounds. Have fun this week with your family and have a wonderful Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is getting big, the breeder told us she would weigh about 35 pounds, HA! Have a happy Thanksgiving. Heather

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful picture. You do live in a lovely area. Sounds like you are having a lot fun, though busy, times. I'm just about ready for Thanksgiving too, just need one or two other things. I'll go tomorrow after church. We got snow too, though we got rain today, so most of it's gone. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn. Most of our snow is now gone as well. Wishing you and your family a happy, happy Thanksgiving. Heather

      Delete
  6. Yes, a Thomas Kinkade view...so pretty Heather. Please give Blackie love pats from me [she just doesn't know her own strength yet :) ] Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! My youngest son moved here from NJ last week so we will have an especially happy gathering on Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracie, wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving. Heather

      Delete
  7. Wow it looks so beautiful there. We had a nice storm. Not so pretty, just shiny ice and we couldn't get out of the pause. Black ice is a cutie! Happy thanksgiving to you my dear .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, have a terrific Thanksgiving. Heather

      Delete
  8. It looks so beautiful! and Blackie looks so cute with her new haircut, keep warm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blackie is adorable! Beautiful snowy scenery! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you have a nice Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  10. Blackie is gorgeous against that snowy backdrop. Hugs to you, MEredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.