Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pumpkin Bread and Links


I tend to be a creature of habit.  

It's that time of year for scrumptious comfort food in the forms of soups, stews and breads.  This is one of our favorites; it's called Pumpkin Spice Bread.  The recipe is from Taste of Home's website and can be found HERE.

Add walnuts!  


It makes two loaves, one for tonight and one for another night (or save in the freezer).

 - - -
I decorated for fall a few weeks ago.  
I lean more toward fall than Halloween; although I did get this jack-o-lantern at a garage sale years ago and enjoy his cheery disposition.  


My sister-in-law sells Celebrating Home products and I bought this cute Oo La lamp from her with the Fruits of the Spirit sleeve when she visited this summer.  

It's a nice reminder when my day gets a bit harried.  

- - -
I ordered a cute Christmas tree ornament kit today from Posie Gets Cozy.  
It's the Winter Cabin Kit.  I can't wait to get it!  
I hope I can remember my embroidery from long-ago in order to complete the set.  
My creativity has all but dried up, but when I saw the cute kits, I felt some inspiration stirring within.
All the sets are sweet and it was hard to pick just one, but I refrained from going overboard.  
She also sells just the e-pattern, which of course is less expensive.

Posy Gets Cozy photo
Posie Gets Cozy
Winter Cabin Kit

It's a cool and rainy autumn day today in southern Ohio.  

I hope your day is blessed!
Heather

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:  against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23




16 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I just wanted to say that I just started following your blog and it's beautiful! I also put you on my friends list on Ravelry. You have some awesome pieces. You are an inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, I appreciate it very much. Have a wonderful day. :-)

      Delete
  2. The pumpkin bread sounds good. I can't believe I haven't made any yet. I've had the stuff for it and the recipe at the ready, but I just haven't done it. I saw all that stuff on Posie Gets Cozy earlier today too. She is so talented. Look forward to seeing what you think about your kit and how it turns out. I would LOVE to have one of those sweet rabbits, but I don't sew and don't want to either! Hope it's getting cooler there. We are still too hot, but change is a-comin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pammy Sue. Make your bread! :-) Alicia from "Posie" is a very talented lady indeed. I'm looking forward to getting the kit, it should be fun. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  3. Heather, your decorating is always so tasteful! The fruit of the Spirit sleeve and the pumpkins are so attractive there on the counter with that delicious looking pumpkin bread. I made applesauce cake yesterday...now I am thinking of the wonderful German Apple Cake recipe that I came across years ago. Think it will be the next comfort food I make. Having said that, I must keep in mind that come Friday (Lord willing) I will start canning our pumpkin for the season. That will spur me on to pumpkin goodness! :) Have a wonderful evening. Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna. :-) Your applesauce cake sounds really good. My mom, sister and I made a joint effort apple pie while my mom was in town visiting. It was fun to make and tasted great too. Enjoy your pumpkin harvest. Heather

      Delete
  4. Love pumpkin bread also. I am going to try your recipe for my family, it looks wonderful and your fall decoration looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you enjoy the recipe, we really like it. Heather

      Delete
  5. The pumpkin bread sounds delicious, it is something that I have never had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good. I really like this one with all the spices. I would say it is similar to a moist ginger bread. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  6. The pumpkin bread looks delicious Heather. I wish you a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi, I hope you have a great day too! :-)

      Delete
  7. Yum! I love pumpkin bread! Thanks for the link, Heather.
    Your fall decorations are cute. I lean more towards fall instead of Halloween,too. And I love Celebrating Home's products. I have a print on my wall from Home Interiors with the fruits of the Spirit on it.
    What an adorable kit! I hope you have fun making it. I haven't embroidered in years.
    Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celebrating Homes does have a lot of neat products. I'm looking forward to getting the kit and trying my hand at it. H. :-)

      Delete
  8. I bet your house smelled delicious, I saw her beautiful kits, that was one of my favorites.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the decorations. We'll be pulling ours out soon. I'm in a little bit of a creativity slump too. Trying new things, hopefully that will spark something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.