Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Close to Halfway


I wanted to thank those of you who took time to leave comments on my last couple of posts.  I always appreciate your kind words and encouragement.

I'm getting close to the halfway point on the Bobble Diamond Afghan.  I've been doing a few rows whenever I get a few minutes.  It is a slow moving project because other than the bobbles, the whole thing is worked in single crochet.  

I'm determined to finish it though!

I found some colors in my stash that will work for the Country Fresh Blanket.  The colors will be perfect for fall, which will be here before we know it!  And, it looks like I'll have enough of the colors to make the full-size blanket.  If not, I would likely only have to purchase one or two skeins and I can live with that.  I'll share more on that in the next post or so.

On the reading front, I'm still reading The Giving Quilt.  


In this book, a group of women are making quilts for Project Linus.  I thought it was interesting when I read that as I know a lot of people crochet (or knit) blankets to donate to Project Linus* as well.

That's it for me.

Until next time!

Heather

Linking up with Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.  

*Updated with a link to Project Linus

16 comments:

  1. I love that bobble diamond afghan Heather - it's very nice and will make a great gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing that gorgeous blanket makes me excited for autumn to arrive! How nice that will be to get cozy under when the air is crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bobble afghan looks wonderful! An autumn inspired Country Fresh blanket is going to look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, I'm excited to start the new blanket. I think I'm going to finish my current project first before I move on though.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Afghan...I bet that took a lot of patience- you do beautiful work and I bet it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The afghan is absolutely gorgeous! I love both the color and design. Wonderful job.
    I can't believe I haven't heard of project Linus; I'm going to google it now.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga. I added a link to Project Linus in the post. Have a great day.

      Delete
  6. A real delight, a truly beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! A great gift to Project Linus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have misunderstood, whether it goes to Linus or not, but either way, its just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I'm reading has to do with Project Linus (quilts). Olga wasn't familiar with the organization so I added a link. The blanket (bobble diamond) is a gift for my brother-in-law. Thank you for your comments Sarah. :-)

      Delete
  9. It looks great! I'm hoping to find a fun shawl project that uses chunky yarn. I'm going to look for patterns later tonight. :)

    I did my blog hop post, http://wgcreates.com/joscreativity/blog-hopping/ . :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your afghan is gorgeous. It may be slow going, but it is going to be quite a keepsake. I am looking forward to seeing the Country Fresh Blanket. It will look wonderful in autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.