Monday, August 4, 2014

Blog Hopping

Happy Monday morning!

I was invited to "hop" on the blog hop wagon by Taci at TACIStudio.  

I don't think I've ever done a blog hop before, so this should be a lot of fun.

Before we begin, let me tell you a little bit about Taci.  

She is an avid crocheter and makes a variety of pretty projects.  She is very generous with her crochet time and gives a lot of the items she makes as gifts to family and friends.  I met Taci through Gracie and Teresa's blogs.  They live in the same area and have become close friends.  Please take a minute to visit Taci and say "hi".  

Let's get started!

What am I currently working on?

I just found this work in progress from last fall.  I am currently working on it as I contemplate a new afghan project.  

WIP - Bobble Diamond Afghan

How does my work differ from others?

I enjoy making blankets and trying new patterns.  I tend to choose more earthy colors for my projects and most of my yarn stash will attest to that!  

So, while I love all the colors of the rainbow, a lot of my projects tend to lean toward earth-tone colors.  

Mosaic Afghan - 2010

Log Cabin - 2011

Why do I write/create like I do?

When I became a Mom, I became a stay-at-home Mom.  

I had worked for more than 25 years before that and the evenings were mostly spent catching up on housework.  Since I was now home, I was able to devote some time and energy into a craft in the evenings.  

I would challenge myself with fun and more experienced projects and with those challenges I learned new techniques and stitches.  

The past year, as our house was being built, and while we were in the apartment, I lost a bit of my "mojo".  
But, now that we have moved and are getting settled into our new home, I foresee a lot of fun crochet projects in the future.

Fireside Cheer - 2012
Using drop stitches made the afghan reversible

Fisherman Afghan - 2012
The center panel stitch was new to me and I thoroughly enjoyed learning it!

How does my writing/creating process work?

If something interest me, I blog about it.  

If I see something pretty, I want to share it with others through pictures and short snippets.  

If I see something on-line, that inspires me, I make it!  

Pineapple Shawl - 2014
Inspired to make by seeing Lacy Crochet's pretty shawl

And, finally, taking my cue from Taci, I'll share with you my favorite project to date...

The Floral Hexagon Afghan.
(pattern by Lucy of Attic 24)

Floral Hexagon - 2010

So I think that is it in a nutshell.

This was fun; looking back on old projects and looking forward to all the new ones to come.

Thank you Taci for asking me to participate!

Happy Monday,

Heather



13 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog only though I haven't been reading it for too long. You've made some beautiful afghans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, I appreciate your nice comment. :-)

      Delete
  2. Some truly beautiful creations, a real delight to look at them. Than k you for sharing, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was fun to look back at old projects. Heather

      Delete
  3. I love your crochet work Heather - your afghans and shawls are always beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely reading your answers Heather your work is amazing, my favourite is the mosaic Afghan but all are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Heather I was amazed at how many gorgeous afghans you have made .... Beautiful work and thanks for participating. As part of the blog hop you now need to invite somebody to do the blog hop so they keep hopping :) ( sorri Of i Waste clear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taci, thanks for your nice comment. I asked several people this morning if they would be interested in participating and will try to keep it hopping. Thank you again for asking me. Heather

      Delete
  6. Yes, I would like to participate, though I'm not sure who I would ask to join.

    What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather this is a wonderful post and I am in awe of your creativity and talent. I loved learning more about you.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.