Monday, July 21, 2014

Work in Progress


Friday afternoon, our little family headed out to IKEA to get ideas for our school room.  
We didn't buy anything that day, but looked at the different pieces to see what would work best.


Since it was on my mind, and I had hubby's attention focused in that direction, we headed back to IKEA Saturday afternoon to make our final selections and purchase the things we'd need for the room.  

(As a side note, DO NOT attempt IKEA on a Saturday afternoon.  There were so many people there, I thought I was at an amusement park!)

We got most of the pieces put together yesterday afternoon and hopefully will get the rest set up this evening.  

I also have all these boxes of books (and other items) that are in the room to go through and unpack.


So, as you can see, I've got my work cut out for me.  

We'll be starting school in about a month, so I'm trying to get all my "ducks in a row" as the saying goes.

I'll post some photos once the room is complete.

- - - 

On the crochet front, I'm still working on the girly baby blanket for donation.  I have about 6 - 8 rounds left and then should have it complete.  As you know, with the big granny's, the outer rounds take longer since there are more stitches to cover.

I'll leave you with some balloon photos.  

The hot air balloons, that take off from the little airport by us, always bring a smile to my face.



Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon!


Happy Monday,

Heather

11 comments:

  1. How exciting to get new things in order to set up your classroom! I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished room! One of my very most favorite smells that stir deep emotions in me is opening up boxes of books...new books especially. I always loved that time of the year.

    Looking forward to seeing your finished baby girl afghan!

    Have a great week, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will get the school room looking fabulous before everything starts in a month. Love the views from the school room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new furniture looks so nice Heather. The balloons are beautiful - such bright colors and patterns. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IKEA really has some great ideas for organization, don't they, Heather! I am literally surrounded by some of their bookcases and my daybed in my room :) I haven't heard Up Up and Away in sooooo long it was fun and energizing to listen to it this morning after a quiet time with the Lord who knows the adventures He has for us today! Blessings to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be able to watch those colourful balloons they would make me smile too. The new furniture looks great, can't wait to see the room when it's all done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your school room is looking good already, so I am sure once everything is in it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great IKEA finds, Heather. It's a fun store. I'm so jealous you have an actual school room; we've always done our homeschooling at the kitchen table and kept supplies and books on shelves wherever there's space. I can't wait to see the finished room; good luck with your unpacking. Have fun with your granny blanket, and thanks for the balloon pics; they made me smile, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The school room furniture looks fantastic! Beautiful hot air balloon pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the school room is going to be perfect. You can't beat IKEA.
    Hugs to you
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. The school room looks like a perfect place to study. I love the views!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a great homeschool room. So glad you found some good pieces to put in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.