Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Thunder, Lightning and Rain


We've been having rain, thunder and lightning all morning.  I'm not complaining though; grow grass grow!

:-)

I've been reading The Elm Creek Quilt series this summer; this is the third one I've read so far.  I really like them.  The main character, in this particular story, is trying to locate quilts her mother made in the 1900's that her deceased sister sold.  The author has woven in some historical facts into the story that I've found interesting.

- - -

I'm almost done with the baby blanket and should have it washed and ready to show in the next few days.


Sorry for the dark photos, but today wasn't a day for an outdoor photo shoot with the t-storm.

We finished putting together all the furniture in the school room.  



Dear son and I put together the chairs while hubby put together the drawers for the 2nd desk.  I started unpacking the boxes, but still have a lot left to do.  I got an e-mail that our curriculum had shipped, so I'm excited to get that and go through our books for next year.  Dear son is enthralled with his swivel chair, hopefully he gets spinning in the chair out of his system before school begins.

:-)

Happy Hump Day,

Heather

I'm linking up with Ginny for her weekly Yarn Along.  

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I can see the merriment of spinning while in school! :) Happy thoughts for a new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...look at that pretty pink! Can't wait to see it. Your school room furniture looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby blanket is looking lovely the two shades are a lovely combination. The schoolroom is really coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book sounds like a wonderful series, and something that I might enjoy. Your weather sounds like the perfect time for reading and crocheting. The furniture looks great...and I know you are excited for the curriculum to arrive! Always a highlight! Swivel chairs are always interesting! I wish you a happy school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket! Love the desks! Yay for box day! I am awaiting ours as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading and crocheting are perfect rainy day activities. We could use more here. Love how the school room is turning out! Swivel chairs are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're enjoying the series, Heather :-) The blanket came out very nice, and your schoolroom looks very inviting. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book sounds interesting I will have to look into the series. and the furniture it looks great in the schoolroom, I love spinning on my swivel chair too surely that's what they are for haha. looking forward to seeing the blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies for the nice comments. Hoping to have the baby blanket complete in the next few days. Need to decide if I want to do a simple picot edging or something more....

    ReplyDelete
  10. A little chair spinning during a lesson might just be what his brain needs. Love the blanket.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blanket, its so pretty. I like thunderstorms, so fun to curl up with a good book or craft and enjoy the sounds. Your school room looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.