Thursday, July 10, 2014

Neighborhood Bike Ride


Dear son and I took advantage of the low humidity today and went for a nice long bike ride.  

I had spied these pretty flowers on one of my numerous walks and got a few photos today.


I love how these domestic flowers got mixed in with the Queen Anne's Lace.  

Must be the handiwork of a neighborly bird.  

Looks like snapdragons?


My son had peddled on ahead of me and wanted to know why I'm always taking pictures.

I told him, "You have to stop and smell the roses to fully enjoy life."


While Queen Anne's Lace may not be a rose, it has a beauty all it's own.

We rode past one of the ponds in the neighborhood.


This is on private property; isn't is well kept?  They have a little boat dock that I've seen them fish from.  Looks like they use some sort of chemical to keep the alga under control?  I've also heard there is a type of fish that can do that too.

We rounded the corner and did some "loopty-loops" in the cul-de-sac, then home again, home again, jiggity-jig.


I'm off to do some work around the house, but that's no fun to write about.

:-)

Happy breezy day,

Heather

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful bike ride! I think you may have spied Sweet Peas in amongst the Queen Annes Lace. What a wonderful combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Peas! I wasn't sure what they were, but enjoyed the pretty purply-pink color mixed in with the white and green. :-) Hope you are having a fantastic day Kar. Heather

      Delete
  2. I believe those are sweet peas peeking up in that gorgeous Queen's Anne lace, I miss all those flowers, we do not have them here in Florida.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bike ride! Hope the rest of your day was just as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun bike ride with your son. Do your legs hurt now? (Mine always did after a bike ride with my gs James.) The flowers looks pretty. Have a good evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. :-) I've gotten to the age, where I usually have some sort of ache at the end of the day. :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the nice comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures. And you encourage me to get out my camera more, and my bike. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Queen Anne's Lace photos are gorgeous, and I agree with Mere, Heather; we had some Sweet Peas at our home in NY that looked just like the pretty pink flowers you saw. So glad that you and Dear Son had a nice breezy ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Yes, those are wild sweet peas, we have them all over in the gorge and they grow perfectly happy alongside Queen Anne's Lace.. you captured them beautifully! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice ride!!! beautiful flowers!
    Working on anything?
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, you live in such a lovely area. I, too, love the intricate, but yet simplistic, Queen Ann's Lace. And those pink sweet peas mixed in with it are absolutely beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely bike ride Heather, what a beautiful neighbourhood, have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather, I just wanted to let you know that I posted the recipe for the snack mix on my Weekend post. :) Hugs, Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers !....love them....I guess you had such a wonderful bike ride.....It has been year and years and years that I don't even touch a bike not even for a ride.....I will love too.....Great weekend .... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.