Friday, July 25, 2014

Granny Go Round-n-Round


Granny Go Round-n-Round

:-)

I finished up the little girly baby blanket for donation this morning.  I let dear son sleep in and the house was quiet as hubby had taken the dog to the groomers.


I had a lot of fun with this project.  From picking out the colors to playing with the border.


This is just one big granny square until the last three rounds where I started the border.  I did turn the blanket with each round.  I don't think there is a right or wrong way as far as that goes, just personal preference.

I added a little flower embellishment that I made up as I went along.


In hindsight, I would have placed the flower a little lower on the blanket, but it was sewn on and the ends all neatly woven in, I wasn't about to try to remove it and move it to another spot.


I'm not sure what's up next on the crochet front.  I was thinking of doing a boy blanket like this one, but I think I'll hold off on that for now.  I've got to get this washed up and put in the mail to Debi Y.  

I hope some new Mom will enjoy the blanket for her babe.

Take care and happy Friday!

Heather


12 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Heather. The colors are so pretty and the flower is the perfect touch. Thank you for your help with the Guardian Grandmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. :-) I'll probably get it in the mail next week. Have a great day. H.

      Delete
  2. A truly wonderful creation and so generous of you. I love the colour combination and the sweet flower embellishment finishes it off delightfully. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket turned out great! Isn't a quiet house early in the morning wonderful?! It's a favorite for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's so pretty. The flower makes a lovely detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Heather :-) I especially love the border and the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Heather! Some lucky momma and baby will enjoy this blanket. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This is so lovely - one of the nicest takes on the giant granny I have seen in ages!! Lovely!! Lovely!!! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for all your nice comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness it's beautiful!! You are such a gifted crocheter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just curious if by turning the blanket every round, does this help it lay better? When I have done one they seem to roll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turn it to keep the center more square. I've noticed when I don't turn it with each round, the stitches start to pull in one direction. Just my humble opinion and personal preference. Other crocheters may not have the issue I mentioned. Thanks for stopping by. Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.