Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Finished! My Pineapple Shawl


Yah!  

I finished the Pineapple Shawl!

I blocked it first to get the pineapples to really stand out.  

(My son says they look more like strawberries.)

:-)



They are a little difficult to see against the wicker chair.  
But everything is so wet from last night's rain storm, the front porch was the best place for photos.


It was a really fun project and I'm glad I made it.

I used Lion Brand's Wool Ease in Chestnut Heather.  
Since I used a wool blend, I'll be setting this aside to use this fall.  Even though it is an open weave, it is heavy and warm.

The free pattern can be found HERE.

I have a new project on the horizon.  It is a variation of a traditional square.  I'll share more on that later.

- - -

My father-in-law and his wife are coming for a visit.  
I have much to do to prepare.  
I need to finish cleaning the house and do some cooking.  

I've got a pesky summer cold; cough, congestion, etc.  I'm hoping it will hit the road soon and I'll be back in full swing.

Happy Independence Day a bit early!

Heather





19 comments:

  1. Enjoy that shawl! Job well done! A strawberry shawl doesn't should bad at all. More fitting for the season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather - it looks very pretty. I love the border you added to it. Have a great time with your visiting family, and I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. The border was part of the pattern and one of the things that drew me to the shawl. Thanks again. Heather

      Delete
  3. Very pretty, Heather :-) I love the color. I know you have company coming, but take of yourself, too. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Such a pretty shawl and a beautiful color. Perfect for fall. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Heather...that shawl is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine you enjoying using your beautiful shawl in the autumn, Heather :) [my car said yesterday the temp in Portland, OR was 104 so not shawl weather here either yet :) ] Wishing you well and a blessed time with your family! An early Happy 4th back to you and yours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They do look like strawberries! Enjoy your visit! The shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for your nice comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful Heather, I love the border. Hope you feel better soon and have a great holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shawl turned out so beautiful! I'm sure your kids think they look like strawberries because of the color (which I love, by the way). Any crochet in pineapples is so pretty and looks fancy. Glad you enjoyed the process. That's always nice. This doily I'm making now is making me really happy. It's so fun to work on because it changes so much with just a couple of rounds. Looking forward to your new squares!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's absolutely beautiful. You are such a great crocheter. I hope you have a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 4th of July....wow...the shawl is so pretty,love it the edge give it a cute touch to it ......kids always have a lovely comment.Have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is absolutley gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pattern, I'm off to print it now :) Hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Heather! I'm always envious of ladies who can do needlecraft. I've never seen a shawl like that; it is truly unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.