Monday, July 14, 2014

Big Granny


I've been trying to decide what to work on with little success.

I started an off-white summer blanket for the foot of my bed, but wasn't happy with it.  So, I've put that project on hold and will likely come back to it at a later date.

So, for now, I'm making a big granny square baby blanket for donation to Debi Y.'s Guardian Grandma Program.  

(I put a link to her site, if you aren't familiar with it.)  

She takes baby blankets and layette items to one of her local hospitals that she has either made herself, or received as a donation from various ladies in the group.  
You don't have to be a grandma to donate (I'm not yet, but hope to be someday).  


I'm using these "girly" berry colors from RHSS.  I had the colors in my stash.  If it works up quickly and time allows, I'll see if I have some boyish colors to make one in as well.


Not much else going on here.  
I'm playing catch-up on laundry and picking up around the house.  
My sister-in-law and brother-in-law were here for an over night visit on Saturday.  She was on her way to babysit one of their granddaughters and stopped here first for a visit.  
It's been great to catch up with family the past couple of weeks.  Hubby has five siblings, so we are hoping to see more of the family this summer or fall.

Hope your week is off to a great start.

God Bless,

Heather




19 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start, Heather :-) There's something very soothing about a basic granny blanket. I like the colors you've picked. Glad you had a nice visit with your family. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather - I appreciate that so much.
    Glad to hear you had a nice family visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. :-) I made some good progress on it this afternoon. It's moving fairly quickly.

      Delete
  3. Looks like some pretty colors you picked for the blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I really like the colors you've chosen for this project. Makes me wonder if I have enough of something in my stash to do something like that...and if there is someone here locally that has the same idea as Debi Y.'s Grandma Project. You have inspired me, my friend, to get out there in my community and see what I can do to help. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be a pretty blanket Heather I love that colour and granny stitch blankets are such fun to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors! Sounds like a great family visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, good choice on the Granny Blanket. They are always fun! Love the PINK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be an amazing blanket! My only big granny has been for my little pillow. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies for your nice comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the berry colors! The variegated is gorgeous too, haven't seen that one yet. Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours. Granny squares are always a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is very satisfying to imagine a little one being cuddled in the pretty blanket you are creating, Heather! You inspire me to keep on working stitching the gifts I want to give. And thank you so much for typing to me about your G'pa's book and encouraging me to write my book as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are lovely to make that beautiful blanket to donate Heather. You are blessing someone with every stitch you make.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donating for charity is the best answer when you don't know what to work on next. Berry colors are lovely and cheerful, nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty colors. I'm sure the blanket will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.