Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Rolling Along and a New Project


My mom has been in town for about a week.  So, I haven't been reading my blogs and staying in touch with all of you.  We enjoyed a nice visit and I took her to the airport yesterday morning.

As I was reading though my blog list, Olga's pretty Pineapple Shawl caught my eye.  

Hmmmm, the pattern is free, I have the yarn she used on hand, and I just wanted to make it!  

:-)

So, early yesterday evening, I gathered my supplies together, snuggled into bed and started working on my new shawl.

First, I rolled my yarn...




Then onto the pattern.  

I got the first pineapple done and into the increase section.  


I thought that was a good start and my eyes were getting droopy.

So I set it aside for the night.


I'm looking forward to working on it this afternoon.

Hope you are all happy and well.

Heather

10 comments:

  1. I popped in over at Olga's to see the completed Pineapple Shawl! Thanks for sharing the link! It is beautiful. I really like the color of yarn you are doing yours with. I crochet as well, but I don't know if I could follow a pattern well enough to complete a project like this! I am definitely looking forward to seeing your finished piece! Oh...I noticed that you use a yarn bowl to thread the yarn . Are you pleased with how it works? We attend a folk art festival every fall and there is a potter there that has some of those for sale. I was hesitant to buy one until I knew someone who had actually used one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna, thank you for your nice comment. Olga does beautiful work and is a crochet inspiration. I do enjoy the yarn bowl, but I don't use it all the time since you do have to roll your yarn first. It seemed like the perfect time to pull it out though with this smaller project. Thank you again. Heather

      Delete
    2. Heather, thank you for your input regarding the yarn bowl. Most of my projects that I do are smaller ones...baby afghans, washcloths, etc. so I think I may just purchase a yarn bowl this fall. I'll post a picture when I do. :) Thank you also for the "follow" over at my blog. It is good to see your smiling face looking at me. :) Our daughter's name is Heather. :) Thanks again. Dianna

      Delete
  2. Looks like it is going to be a fabulous shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to look lovely with the color you picked Heather. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, I think you are going to love this project, I surely did. The pattern is easy to follow and it's very quick too. The color of your yarn is gorgeous! Cannot wait to see your finished shaw.

    Have a wonderful day,

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you have a project going. Looking forward to seeing it along the way and then done. Pineapples are fun. Enjoy making your pretty shawl. That's a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a pretty project, and I like that yarn bowl. Not sure how much I would use one, since I don't always roll my yarn into balls, but it is very cute. I might have to try one sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice visit with your Mom! Can't wait to see more of the shawl! I have been wanting to make one too.
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to have your mom with you for such a nice long visit! I will have to click and see the finished one. Fun!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.