Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pineapple Shawl Update


I'm making pretty good progress on the Pineapple Shawl.  

I've been working on it here and there as time allows.  


I'll probably go about 10 more inches and see how it looks.  

It will stretch when it gets blocked as well.

This is a nice summer project, not too heavy to have on your lap as you crochet.



If you decide to make this, there are some errors in the pattern; "Round" 10 is missing some stitches, that you realize aren't written in once you get to "Round" 11.  It's common sense and easy enough to figure out, but did want to let others know if they decide to make it.  

There may be an "errata" written for the pattern that I'm not aware of.  

Pattern writing is difficult and I've noticed, as I'm sure you have as well, different publishers and yarn companies all write things a little differently.

Happy Thursday and happy crocheting!

Heather


13 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Heather! So is the planter in background!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Hope you are having a great day. Heather

      Delete
  2. I just adore that shawl! :) Your photos are gorgeous too, hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, your Pineapple Shawl is beautiful...making great progress there for only picking it up here and there. Thanks for sharing...and I have to mention that I love your Coleus and Impatiens planted together in the planter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is turning out stunning! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
    When I made this same shawl, I actually used the symbol chart, and I didn't have problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga, that is a good point. I always gravitate toward the written instructions. Your pretty shawl was what inspired me to make mine. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  5. Your pineapple shawl is coming in a good way. Waiting to see it after you get completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your nice comments. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty. I haven't worked on crafts in a while, I've been reading more lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even with the frustrating parts I think you are doing a fabulous job with the shawl! Keep plugging along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shawl is really nice. I love summer projects! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, it looks so lovely. I love shawls. This one has a nice look and pattern to it. Your color choice is perfect too for a summer shawl.
    Beca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.