Tuesday, June 17, 2014

An Evening in June


After dinner this evening we all went outside for a little action.  

The boys played catch (or 'Pickle' if you include the puppy in the mix), while I sat on the deck and read.


This is an older series of books my Mom recommended.  This is the first one I've read and am enjoying it so far.  

We had the sprinklers going.  


All that mud I showed you a post or two back, is now covered with straw.  

We've been watering it daily...


They just finished the house in the background a few weeks ago.  They had sod put down.  I'm trying not to dwell on it.  You know, "The grass is always greener...." 

:-)


On an unrelated note... 

This past Sunday morning, as I was taking the puppy out for her morning constitutional, I heard something that sounded like dragons.

You know the sound, think The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy and her crew were talking to the all great and powerful oz.  

I looked up and there were two gorgeous balloons in the sky.  I rushed in the house to get my camera but only caught the one.  



Hopefully, next post, I'll show you the progress on my pineapple shawl.  

Toodles!

Heather

9 comments:

  1. Heather, I will be interested to check out the book you shared about. I've not heard of it before. Have you read the Mitford series? I chuckled when I read about "the grass being greener". One day you will look out on your lawn and see beautiful green everywhere!

    Hot air balloons! There were a couple times that they actually landed in the field in front of my mom's house. It is interesting to watch them.

    I hope you have a wonderful evening! (((hugs))) Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment. I have read the Mitford series and loved them. Looks like a new one in the series will be coming out soon (Jan Karon). Have a great evening. Heather

      Delete
  2. Hi heather , I'm s sorry I have missed a few of your posts and missed that u already moved to yr house ... How wonderful!,,
    We have just moved to ours 2 weeks ago and I have not been able to post at all... Lots of things going on I haven't been able to have a free second.
    I will soon update everyone... I will try to read all of your posts I missed...
    I'm so happy for you and hope you are having a wonderful time with your family at your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Looks like you are going to be needing a ride on mower for all of that grass soon! So glad you are all getting to enjoy and relax, now that you are settled into your new home.
    I am eager to see your progress on shawl.
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Those balloons do sound like dragons! That made me laugh. I'll think of that every time I see one now. Your place is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, the yarn on my blog today is Rowan Cotton Glace (100% cotton, DK). It's usually $7.95 per 50g ball at most places online, but I know I didn't pay that much. I found it on sale online more in the $6-something range. It was definitely worth the extra $$. It's luxurious to work with! So silky and soft. I bought it to make a tabletopper made of the flower square I showed. The pattern called for that specific yarn, so I went for it. Here is a link to some on Jimmy Beans: http://www.yarn.com/product/rowan-cotton-glace-yarn/?gclid=CjkKEQjw8YSdBRChhPXJvPvMztABEiQAkn893tog4a83n6pGdcFkEuPn0z5UPcdEXN1Rrlq_Pz0Honjw_wcB

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice way to spend the day :-) Blackie's getting big; how's the housetraining going? I've read the first two books in that series. They're wonderful :-) I hope you enjoy them. Take care, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in such a beautiful area, truly. So glad you've had such a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome that you got to see balloons at your new house! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.