Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Hatchlings


One-by-one, the eggs have hatched.  

Here is mama robin keeping watch over the first hatchling and her eggs.

They are barely recognizable as birds...



But mama is feeding them and they are growing.


Won't be long and they'll be leaving the nest.

:-)

_ _ _

I started a small crochet project yesterday.  Once I get a little further on it I'll take some pics.

We are supposed to pick up "Blackie" this weekend.  I hope she is ready as I know my son is anxious to get his little puppy friend.  Dear son picked the name for the dog.  When we visited her, I thought she looked like a "Bella", but the little one said that sounded like a name a "girl" would pick.

:-)

Hope your day is blessed,

Heather


11 comments:

  1. Awww - aren't they sweet. I bet your son was happy to see them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! How sweet! I am having a blessed day and hope you are as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting is that to have the birds right where you can watch them so easily! We are hoping we have Robins back at our place this year again.

    I like how your little guy is renaming the puppy already. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a pretty momma bird. It won't be long before the little ones are grown and flying away. You've got a good view of nature's life cycle.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great vantage point! I love watching baby birds grow up and leave their nest. I am on the lookout for some here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! What sweet little babies :-)
    Can't wait to see Blackie in her new home; your son will have so much fun with her.
    Have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have baby birds so close by, we had black birds nest in out out house once, it was lovely to see them grow and then finally fly off my son loved it, I bet your son can't wait to play with his new friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so lovely......like the pictures.......what a sweet little things.Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet baby robins and a brand new puppy, how fun!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have fun with the new puppy. We'll be having some baby robins around here too, we have a nest by Sarah's window. I'm hoping to get photos of it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to hearing about the new puppy.. and the crochet project! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.