Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter and Carrot Cake


I made Carrot Cake this afternoon.  I found the recipe on The Galley Gourmet.  Her recipes always look delicious.  This is the first one I've tried.  It called for a lot of ingredients, but I think the time and effort will be worth it tomorrow (I hope).  


If I make it again, I'll put the walnuts around the sides as she did.  The cake crumbs show so easily through the white icing (and I did let it cool the full 2 hours).

My sister and her family are coming over to celebrate Easter once her husband gets off work.  We'll have a small Easter egg hunt for the little ones and we are going to cook out some BBQ pork chops.  I'm going to make a fruit salad and my sis is going to bring a tossed salad.  

The house isn't really ready for entertaining, but we can eat and chat among the boxes.

:-)

I hope you and your families have a blessed Easter Sunday.

God is so good.

Heather



13 comments:

  1. Your cake looks pretty. I'm sure it'll be great. Nice that you are getting together with family for Easter. It's the company that counts! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks yummy, have a great Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you and your family Heather. Have a piece of cake for me please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all will be having a tasty treat today. Have a very Happy Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter and have a wonderful and blessed week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, yummy cake! I hope you had a wonderful, family-filled Easter.
    And congratulations!! You're one of my giveaway winners! Can you please email your mailing address to bookworm187@earthlink.net so I can put your prize in the mail? Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippie! I sent you an e-mail, thank you. :-)

      Delete
  7. I'm sure you had a great time, even if there was boxes still around. It looks like a very yummy cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely looking cake and I'm sure it was scrumptious too! Visiting from Roses of Inspiration today! Blessings to you, Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cake and it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know a carrot cake tastes delicious. Your cake looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear friend, your carrot cake looks divine! Did you know that I have never made a carrot cake! Seeing yours has me wanting to make one NOW :) Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie; this was a very good carrot cake. It was a bit labor intense, but I was happy with the results and would make the recipe again. She had hers decorated beautifully. I'll add some finishing touches next time. I would definitely make this one again. Have a great evening. Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.