Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Brisk Walk


I went for a "brisk" walk this evening while hubby and the little one spent some quality time together.  

I say "brisk" not because I was walking fast, but because it is cold out!  Brrrr, it feels more like February than mid-April.

When I got back, I took a little walk back by the trees to see if the bird's nest was still there.  Unfortunately, it looks like the wind blew it out of the tree.  

I did find some cool tracks though...


Looks like we have a raccoon living somewhere on the property, or close by anyway.  I'll have to keep an eye out for him or her.

I also saw a deer track...


We've been told that white tailed deer are prevalent in the area.

And lastly.....


a "goose egg" of the golfing variety.  

:-)

Before we built our house, the neighbors used the lot as a driving range.  The little one has been having fun rounding them up.  Some are half buried in the dirt and some, like the one above, just resting in the rough.  

Hopefully it will warm up a bit.  We had snow yesterday and temps in the 20's and 30's overnight the past couple of nights.

Warmer weather is just around the corner; right?

Take care,
Heather

9 comments:

  1. We have had brisk breezes here. I'm ready for some nice steady Spring temps also. Enough with having the heater on. :)

    What a shame to hear about the nest. Hopefully there will be another to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, we are having storms today, but not snow or cold! I had a raccoon in my garage the other night, I think I surprised him just as much as he surprised me!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures Heather. We had nice weather, but now the temps are back down in the 50's. Crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun new game, grab a basket and find all the golf balls! My kids would love that too. :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It snowed here a couple of days ago and its been mostly cold these past few weeks. I sure am ready for warm weather and pleasant days. To me it always feels like Spring is a little late showing up and Winter hangs around a lot longer than I want it too. Enjoy your little four legged neighbors.
    Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrrr! It is so hard to imagine that some folks are still bundled up even though it is Spring. I hope the weather mellows for you soon. I can't wait to see some shots of the new house! I am sure you are still unpacking and getting settled in though. Happy day, and happy Easter!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice walk, albeit a cold one. Our temps took a drop, too, not as much, but enough to turn the heater back on. I keep saying the same thing about warmer weather. We had a raccoon visit us a couple of weeks ago, too. I like your "goose eggs". Have a sweet day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow! Oh my... It is raining here today and washing some of the white petals from our huge wild cherry tree. Warmer weather will surely make its way to you, Heather :) So sorry to hear the nest blew out of the tree at your place :( Blessings and Happy Easter to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you live in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.