Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Robin's Nest



"He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler."
Psalm 91:4
(NKJV)



Look at this sweet robin sitting in her nest.

She is in the sill of what will be the little ones school room next year.  (Right now, we are using it as a holding ground for boxes, furniture and the like.)

We've watched the nest go from empty, to one egg, two eggs to now three eggs.  Not sure if there will be more, but aren't robin eggs the prettiest shade of blue?

We've been trying not to disturb momma bird too much.  

School and normal household activities are keeping me busy.  

Everything that was in storage had to be washed.  I've gotten all the dishes washed that were in storage, as well as all the towels and blankets.  

I haven't done any decorating yet.  I'm still trying to find a "home" for items.  

We've made several trips to Good Will with old clothes, sheets, towels, etc.  And, we have a few things set aside to try to sell on Craigslist.  

I've really enjoyed working in my new kitchen.  It's fun to cook with the new appliances.  

:-)

More unpacking on the agenda for this weekend.  AND, we are going to visit our puppy.  In just about two weeks we'll be bringing her home.  I'll share more on that later.

Happy day!
Heather


9 comments:

  1. I didn't know that birds will build their nest out in the open like that - I just thought they were always in bushes or trees.
    A new puppy?! I want a new puppy.
    Have a great day Heather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have a Robin make a nest on your new home! It's a good sign I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having fun in your new home! :) Love the Robin's nest too! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing I do hope they will be ok out in the open like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....first time I see a nest out there like that....never before.....I'm surprised.....but they are so pretty and the bird is looking so protective.....love it.How wonderful is when we can enjoy mother nature...I know you are .....Happy weekend Mrs. Heather !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how blessed you must feel that she made her home so close to yours! Great pictures, Heather.
    Ah, yes, the fun of moving in. I know it well. You've been busy and gotten a lot accomplished. Good luck with your unpacking this weekend.
    Ooh, a new puppy! That's exciting. Any hints to breed?
    Have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you are settling in. That nest sure is pretty especially with the bird sitting on it. Sorry you had to wash everything, did things get dirty in storage? I bet, for as long as it was in there. I hope your unpacking continues to go well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nest is such a pretty sight. It' in the perfect spot for the little ones to watch her too.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a rare treat to be able to see such a beautiful nest so close up with the mama sitting on eggs. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.