Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bobble Diamond Work-in-Progress


A few days ago, I brought out the Bobble Diamond afghan I started last year.  

I think I've mustered up the motivation to make some progress on this.  

I'm hoping to get this finished by the time we move.  Our builder committed to February 15th, so I have a little more than three weeks.  

Tall order, but something to work toward.


Dear son and I have four chapters left in Runaway Brook.  This is a sweet little book; but, I've liked the other two we've read from the series a bit better.

It is bitterly cold here today.  We are getting another one of those polar vortex fronts.  Two are supposed to be moving through our region; back-to-back.  The next ten day forecast looks like cold and more cold.  

Happy Wednesday,

Heather

I'm linking up with Ginny at Small Things for her weekly Yarn Along.








18 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful afghan. How big is it going to be and how many ounces of yarn does the pattern call for? Looks like the pattern is a yarn eater for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi, it is a yarn eater for sure. The pattern calls for 63 oz of yarn and it says the finished object will be 54 x 61 inches. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  2. Well done on picking it up again, it so deserves to be finished Heather. Sometimes we get discouraged when making a large or complicated item and set it aside for a while. It is always there saying 'pick me up'. It looks like you have a fair amount done already and it's looking great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems the weather is encouraging you to reach your goal of finishing the beautiful blanket before you move in three weeks, Heather :) I hope you are able to be cozy and healthy and warm inside while you stitch to a successful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you surely need to finish it Heather...it's beautiful and I love that color!!!
    Stay warm!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful so far, Heather :-) Something warm and cozy to curl up under while you work on it. I know you can finish it in the next three weeks. Stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blanket stitch is really pretty! Here's hoping you finish in time too! :) Happy Crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind comments ladies; I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bobble is beautiful Heather! Three weeks left....EEK!!!! I can't wait!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I'm so happy for you... I bet you cannot wait to be on your new house. How exciting! I love the blanket, the color and the stitch ... Just perfect. Hope you can finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping so too. Take care.

      Delete
  10. it's lovely! and such a big project to tackle with bobble stitch you are very brave, it took me ages just to make a little pram cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could definitely stay warm with that beautiful blanket on your lap. So excited for you about the house being done soon.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful blanket. Glad your home will be done soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some lovely knits.I came here via Mereknits. I am blog growing and have a little giveaway this weekend. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.