Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bobble Diamond at a Snail's Pace


I've been working on this a little each day.

It is mostly single crochet, so the rows aren't tall and progress seems slow.


I guess I'm about at the 1/3 point.  

I thought I was closer to halfway until I laid it out to take photos.

It is going to be a warm blanket when it's all done.  And I think the geometric design is attractive and perfect for a guy; my brother-in-law in this case.


We got some good news this morning.  
Our builder has scheduled our walk through for next Thursday!  
Woo-Hoo!  

We still don't have a closing date yet as they haven't been able to pour the driveway with the cold-wet weather we've been having.  

I guess they can't issue a certificate of occupancy without the driveway.  

I'd appreciate your prayers.  
God is bigger than a driveway!

Blessings to you for a fabulous remainder of the week.

Happy hump day,

Heather

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
Matthew 21:22
(KJV)


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for the weekly Yarn Along.



22 comments:

  1. How beautiful that afghan is! Will say a little prayer for y'all. I know you will be so happy to get into your new home. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pammy Sue, I appreciate it very much. Take care, Heather

      Delete
  2. that blanket may be taking forever with all those single crochets but it's GORGEOUS!!!! and congrats on being one step closer with the house - I definitely celebrate the small victories with our remodel that gives us a little bit more space or makes it look like we're a little bit closer to the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soooo amazing! And it makes me very curious what it feels like. I can't get over how neat and regular it looks. Love the colour choice!! Lena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lena. It feels bumpy and it is a bit stiff. Once it gets washed though, I know it will soften up and will drape a bit better. Thanks for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the driveway, I think the weather is going to clear up by this weekend. Love the blanket, you are doing a great job.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket. Some progress is always good. Excited for you about your upcoming walk through! I know you've been waiting a long time. Praying the weather will clear up so they can pour the driveway and you can move in. Take care and stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo, indeed :) What a wonderful progress report on all fronts, Heather! I am celebrating with you and asking God in His kindness to make the way for you to be in your new home as soon as possible. Your blanket amazes me...such beautiful work you are doing, and I can imagine the blanket will be wonderfully warm as well as handsome. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG......G O R G E O U S!!...you must share the pattern with me...I must make one!!
    Congrats on the progress on the house, I am so excited for you!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari. The pattern is from Crochet World. Here is a link to the pattern on Ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bobble-diamonds-afghan. Thanks again. :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but it is a beautiful blanket. I will definitely be praying for your driveway to be put in very quickly!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a striking pattern! I love it! In my prayers.....for a swift, and uneventful move in!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that blanket!!! You amaze me. And, congratulations on being so close to possession of your lovely new home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may be a slow project but it is just perfectly made, I like the look of smaller stitches with crochet, they're just so neat when finished. I think this is going to be just perfect for your brother-in-law. Good luck with the progress on your new home xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may not be halfway through but you have got to keep going, what a beautiful blanket. I can just feel the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.