Saturday, January 18, 2014

Baby Blanket Complete


I finished up the little baby blanket last night.

It felt good to get one of my works in progress complete.

I used Bernat Softee Baby in White for the body and to add a little interest, I used Bernat Softee Baby in Prince Pebbles in the border.  


Each year our church has a Sanctity of Life Sunday.  They have a speaker from the pregnancy care center they sponsor and take donations for the young mothers.  

I'll be donating this baby blanket on behalf of the Guardian Grandma's that Debi Y. sponsors.  

We got snow yesterday and right now it's 14 degrees outside.  The interior lighting isn't the best for photos, but I'm not brave enough to venture out in the cold for photos.  

:-)

My only other work in progress right now is the blanket I started for my brother-in-law earlier last year.  I'm going to get that out this weekend and try to get back to it again.  

Maybe I can finish it before we move....

Wishing you a blessed day.

Stay warm,

Heather


17 comments:

  1. It's a lovely baby blanket Heather. Very pretty. Thank you for donating it on behalf of the 'guardian grandmas'. :)

    p.s. I hope it's alright with you - I'm going to post this on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Debi, thank you. Have a great day. Heather

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Heather :-) I love the border. Good luck finishing your next WIP. I know you have a lot on your plate. Stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little baby blanket Heather. And how nice to donate it too!
    My goodness, it is hard to imagine that we are so warm, compared to so much of the US being so cold!!!!
    Happy crocheting!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we are in for cold weather at least the next 10 days or so. Thanks for your nice comment. Heather

      Delete
  4. You are so lovely donating that beautiful blanket.
    Hugs to you Heather,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  5. It's just adorable Heather. You are so sweet to donate it for young mothers!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful. I am sure it will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the edge! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Annemarie's blog.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/01/diy-shawl-pin-with-buttons.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful blanket! I love the border. Stay warm and happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful blanket, Heather! Love the texture. It looks like it will make a nice warm blanket for a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful blanket, I love the border. I hope you get some more crocheting done. It will help pass the time until the house is done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Heather, this is my first visit to your blog, this is a lovely finished blanket, I especially like the border, those colours really make the blanket special, a great donation piece. Good luck with finishing the other blanket :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather,
    This blanket is beautiful and is very nice of you to donate looks like it will make a nice warm blanket...Is this something you have done before? Mind sharing the pattern used to make this blanket....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment. I have done this blanket before, it's my "go-to" pattern for baby blankets. I have it written up, but haven't shared it yet. I'll test the pattern with the next baby blanket I make and share on my blog. Thank you again for stopping by. Heather

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.