Monday, November 25, 2013

Slow Going


The month of November has been slow going on the new home front.  

We are still awaiting inspections; some are complete, others are pending.  

Brick and mortar was delivered a couple weeks ago.  



We are waiting for the brick layer to complete another job before they start on our house.  Hopefully that will be soon, if not this week.

Insulation has been done and drywall delivered.





The propane tank is now buried and they have installed the electric meter for the house.


All the windows and doors are finally in and they poured the steps to the basement several weeks ago.


I'm thankful the month has gone quickly.  Hopefully, the necessary inspections will get complete this week so the drywall contractor can start their work.

On a separate note, I wanted to thank those of you who took a moment to write a nice comment on our cat Pebbles.  She had been slowly going downhill over the course of the last six months.  She didn't tolerate the move to the apartment well.  Last week she quit eating.  It was a hard decision to make.  I posted earlier photos of her; when she was healthy.  
That's the way I'd like to remember her; when she was fat and spunky.

Thanks for reading.  Take care and may your week be truly blessed.

Heather


8 comments:

  1. I know it must seem like very slow going on the house to you, but for me, watching it go up, brick by brick, it seems so fast. It is looking GREAT!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I'm looking forward to being able to move in and make it our own. :-)

      Delete
  3. Heather, I somehow missed the post about Pebbles. I am sorry for your loss as well. I have said good bye to a number of furry friends and can appreciate your gratefulness for the good memories as well as your sadness in saying good bye.
    I was really impressed with the piles of bricks that will soon hug your house! My local friend, Taci, is jammed into an apartment with her family waiting for their new house to be built. They have had several months of setbacks, but I think now have their building permits and hope to be able to move in during April.
    Blessings to you and yours and Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracie. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  4. Hi Heather, just took a quick spin through the blog trying to catch up on everything. Your house is beautiful! How exciting for you. Sorry about Pebbles, so hard, isn't it. They are truly family. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the house building seems slow to you, but honestly the pictures make it seem like its going by fast. I hope it speeds up more for you. :) Sorry again about your cat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.