Saturday, November 9, 2013

Answer to a Question...


I had someone leave me a comment on my previous post asking about the pattern for the pictured blanket.  

I made this back in February as a stash buster and wrote about it on my old blog (The Good Life).  

The commentor said the book, that the pattern is located in, is no longer available.  

Even though the book may not be available to purchase "new", I wanted to share that I've had great success in purchasing used books from Amazon (and I also like Half Price Books).  

If you look at the listing on Amazon, it shows that there are used books both in hardcover and paperback from .01 cent (quite a bargain).  Of course you'll have to pay shipping and handling on the book which is usually around $3.99.  

The book is Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts and I've found it listed on these three sites:
  

I typically only buy used books that are listed as "very good" or better.  And using a highly rated seller is also important.

I hope that is helpful information to the anonymous question and anyone else on the fence about buying used books.

:-)

May your Saturday be blessed,
Heather




5 comments:

  1. Great info! Love that blanket!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday Mrs Heather !....I guess the question was very well answered....I love Amazon and E Bay.....Half Price Book...just taking a walk to the park...very close to me.....I have found very good crochet books there too.....and in very good conditions and affordable 2 . Love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, and that blanket is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.