Saturday, October 5, 2013

Some Works in Progress


Believe it or not, I'm still working on this little baby blanket.  

I finished up one skein of yarn and am getting ready to join in the next.  My crochet motivation has been fleeting lately.  The two blankets in the background are one of my Fireside Cheers and a basketweave afghan I made for my husband's birthday a few years ago.  

The other work in progress is of course, the house.

I'm happy to say that the house is under roof!



We spoke with our project manager yesterday and it sounds like they will be putting on the shingles for the roof toward the end of next week.  After that, the heating, plumbing, windows and doors.  

We are meeting with him and their septic person next week to discuss placement.  From what he said, it sounds like the septic will be able to go on the west side of the house which will leave our backyard for gardening (yippee!).

The guys were busy last night and today working on the house.  It's exciting to see the progress, but I'm anxious for it to be done and to move in.  


It's been raining off and on since Thursday, so we are headed to the movies later this afternoon to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.  It looks cute.  

Happy Saturday,

Heather


10 comments:

  1. How exciting to see your house coming together! Will be fun to see the details come out the closer it gets to being finished. You know I love that Fireside blanket in the background. Mine is still in a bag somewhere only about 1/6 finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment Pammy Sue. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi !.....how are you?....looking busy.....can't wait to see the baby blanket.Your house in progress...Good ....:)...lot of work....but time pass really quick.
    Have a nice Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving your nice comment Luna. Have a wonderful day. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it looks like a house already!!!! So impressed!!! I bet you are just counting the days!!
    Love the baby blanket! And the two stacked up next to it.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I've got a countdown going on the calendar on the fridge. :-)

      Delete
  4. It is fun to anticipate the completion of the baby blanket, the house and the garden with you, Heather :) I hope you and your family had a happy weekend even in the midst of a meatball storm!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a beautiful house. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.