Monday, October 21, 2013

Quick Update on the House


Happy Monday

Thought I'd pop in with a brief update on the house.  

We are all framed and under roof.  

The HVAC contractor has been installing the furnace and the ductwork.  

Friday evening, when we stopped by the house, we met some more of our neighbors.  Everyone has been so nice to stop by and introduce themselves.  It seems like a very warm community.  

Sunday, after church, we drove by the house and the window guy was hard at work installing the windows.  We didn't get out of the car since they were working; we didn't want to get in their way.

I think the plumber is next once the HVAC is complete.  Our project manager said we are still a long way away from drywall.  Which didn't really lift my spirits, but it's all in God's timing and I need to remember that.  

:-)

I'll get some photos with the windows in this week.  It's hard to see progress with the mechanical work, but slowly and surely, it's moving along.  

I hope your week is off to a great start.  It's sunny, but cool, here in the "heart of America".  Snow is predicted at some point in the week.

Take care!

Heather

"Wait on the Lord:  be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:  wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalm 27:14
(KJV)


14 comments:

  1. EEK--snow! It's a sunny and beautiful 87 here on the beach in central FL. The house looks like it is coming along. I know you are anxious to get in and get your yarn out of storage-- :-) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. You are right, that is one of the things I'm looking forward to; access to my yarn. :-)

      Delete
  2. Heather - your house is looking so nice. I can tell it's going to be beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi. When I post an update, it makes it feel like things are moving along. :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful....looking nice and in progress....Best wishes !..... Happy week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great Heather! Moving day will be upon you sooner than you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...snow coming already, Heather. I'm glad so much is done in your house already! Progress!
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think just flurries, it won't amount to anything. It got down in the 30's here last night. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful house! I think it's coming along quite quickly, of course its not my house so I'm sure its faster for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn. Today marks the 5th month we've been in the apartment. So (hopefully) the longest part is behind us. :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh wow Heather, it is looking fabulous!!!! I am loving watching your home being built!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.