Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New Project and Reading


I found some baby yarn in one of the bins we brought home from storage the other day, so I started another baby blanket.  

Bernat Softee is so soft, I like working with it.  I may save the blanket to donate for when our church holds it's Sanctity of Life Sunday and try to make a few more in the meantime.  I have plenty of baby yarn in one of the bins.

I'm reading Carrots Love Tomatoes by Louise Riotte (revised in '98).  My mom brought me the book when she was here for her visit.  One of her book stores was having a $1 sale on books and she brought me three gardening books; this is one of them.  

I've found the book interesting and it's an easy read with good pointers; without going into too much detail.  I think it will be a good reference when we do plant our garden next spring.  It tells which plants enhance the growth of others, but also, what not to plant with particular plants.  An example with tomatoes would be that they are compatible with garlic and the garlic helps keep away red spider mites.  On the other hand, "don't plant tomatoes near corn, since the tomato fruitworm is identical with the corn earworm." (Excerpt from Carrots Love Tomatoes by Louise Riotte.)

Our days have been really full lately.  I'm glad for the busyness on one hand as it keeps my mind off of the house being built, but on the other hand, I need a little R&R.  

:-)

I hope your week is going well.

Blessings to you and yours,

Heather


Linking up with Ginny for her Yarn Along.

3 comments:

  1. That book looks interesting. We're planning of planting a small garden of veggies next year if we're still here, and we really don't know squat about it. Should be a fun learning experience. Glad to see you crocheting another blankie. I love to see your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good garden book. Glad you have some yarn to keep yourself busy. I would want to keep busy too and not focus on the house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.