Saturday, September 28, 2013

Little Bits of Nothingness


I had intended to run to Michael's today to pick up some colorful yarn.  



But, as it worked out, we went to our storage facility to get a shovel and right there on top of all our boxes were these two bins of yarn.  

I was giddy to say the least.  I had hubby load it in the trunk of the car and I was clapping my hands like a child.  

:-)

Thoughts of spring flowers motivated the the trip to the storage facility and subsequently the yarn.  

"We" decided it might be fun to plant some spring bulbs in the treeline at the new house.  With that thought in mind, we stopped at "Wally-World" and picked up some daffodil and tulip bulbs.  Once we got to the house, we just randomly planted them by the trees.  

While we were there, we picked up trash that the contractors are throwing everywhere (except the big dumpster that is available for just that purpose).  We also collected some rocks and set them aside to make a fire pit next year.

It felt like we were accomplishing something and got us out of the apartment.  We didn't finish collecting rocks or planting all the bulbs, but if it is nice next Saturday, we may go down again.

The framers worked today.  

They have the stairs going upstairs in (although there isn't an upstairs yet) and some more of the first floor interior walls complete.  

They also started my front porch.
  

Front of house

I want to put a swing on the left end of the porch.  Hubby says a swing would be better served in the back yard.  He may be right.

:-)

As we were leaving, I had hubby drive down the street that is behind our house. 

Back of house facing Southeast

I'm off to get dinner and then to play with my yarn.


Happy thoughts for a peaceful Sunday and blessings always,

Heather


16 comments:

  1. Bins of loveliness! The house is looking wonderful! Love the idea of getting those bulbs planted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be giddy with happiness too Heather - all that yarn looks so nice. Your house is coming along nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the view....and all your pictures...like your yarn colors...beautiful.....your house will be a beautiful one...it is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to see your house being built! And that pile of yarn...oh my! I would be clapping and giddy too!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, its looking great. You are building a very beautiful house. And that is so great about your yarn. I would be giddy and clapping too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Heather, what a treasure you unpacked :) It will be fun to see what you create with your wonderful stash! I enjoyed seeing your photos of your hot air balloons nearby and am glad you had a happy birthday celebration with your son and a good visit with your mom. I appreciated so much the wonderful surprise we had when bulbs bloomed at each of the homes where we moved and can imagine how you will enjoy the bulbs blooming that you are planting now at your new home. I am celebrating with you as I watch the progress of your house being constructed. Exciting!!!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gracie for your nice comment. I appreciate it. :-)

      Delete
  7. I love finding treasure that I already have, but have forgotten! Your home will be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house is looking nice. Soon you'll be in and have your crochet corner all picked out. :) Great find in your storage unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. It won't be soon enough! :-) Have a great day.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I appreciate hearing from you.